• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Driving licence expiry

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
Just a quick reminder to all to check their driving licence expiry date. Most will know im sure, but for those who dont, your plastic photo card licence has an expiry date on it thats not the same as your original licence expiry date (70th birthday). There appears to be a purge on ;-)

Good tip.
Mine expires on my 69th birthday.

Until you're 70 each photo card is valid for 10 years, but once you're past 60 the expiry date is the day before your 70th birthday (I've just checked mine, and that's what it is!), and after 70 the validity is only 3 years!

I've never had a photo ID card, just the paper licence. Not changed address in 24 years so no need to renew licence and I'm bu66ered if I'm paying for a photo ID. 10 years till I'm 70 so in no hurry.

I've never had a photo ID card, just the paper licence. Not changed address in 24 years so no need to renew licence and I'm bu66ered if I'm paying for a photo ID. 10 years till I'm 70 so in no hurry.

Similar to me - same address for 34 years and just over 2.5 years until I get old!:D

A police chappie once asked to see my licence (not long after the introduction of the "new ones") and looking at the old-style paper version, remarked, "it doesn't look a bit like you", to which I replied "well, I've not been well!":p

A5EGE6I.jpg
A5EGE6I

Years ago I had a great deal of amusement hiring a van near Heathrow as I had a Qatari driving licence at the time - looked just like the red one above but all in arabic! Even funnier, about the same time, my boss was pulled on a motorway slip road by the law, showed his Qatari licence, copper looked at it and said "you do realise this licence expired 2 days ago sir!!" When my boss said no, and that he was returning to Qatar 2 days later, the copper said "I had 3 years with the Royal Jordanian Police and am probably the only officer in the country fluent in Arabic, get it renewed as soon as you get back, have a nice day" and sent my boss on his way!!

Years ago I had a great deal of amusement hiring a van near Heathrow as I had a Qatari driving licence at the time - looked just like the red one above but all in arabic! Even funnier, about the same time, my boss was pulled on a motorway slip road by the law, showed his Qatari licence, copper looked at it and said "you do realise this licence expired 2 days ago sir!!" When my boss said no, and that he was returning to Qatar 2 days later, the copper said "I had 3 years with the Royal Jordanian Police and am probably the only officer in the country fluent in Arabic, get it renewed as soon as you get back, have a nice day" and sent my boss on his way!!
I used to hire cars and drive them on my Saudi driving licence when coming home on leave - the licence was dated 1401 (Saudi Islamic calendar). I had an interesting conversation with one of the boys in blue when pulled over he asked me if I was driving on a Saudi licence after drinking - he found it amusing !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom