Dump Valve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonclk230

Car
mercedes benz CLK230 Kompressor
hi i have a CLK230 Kompressor and i want to know if i can get a dump valve fitted. I know it's a bit of a daft question but i was told by someone that coz the kompressor works in roughly the same way as a turbo that it is possible to get a small dump valve. If anyone knows anything about this please tell me:confused:

AFAIK, you cannot get a dump valve, but you can easily fit a boost guage!

if you want a dump valve you need a turbo ;) :bannana:

i thought i was'nt true but i just wanted to check. i knew that you needed a turbo to get a dump valve but i was'nt sure about the dump valve think. cheers mate. oh by the way how much are turbos for the CLK230 and can you recommend a company
:rock:

you have a Kompressor why do you want a turbo?

http://www.mosselmanturbo.com for your turbo kits...

I would stick with the Kompressor and get a pulley kit from Kleeman and a upsolute chip - your car will be screaming! if you wanted even more power get a Kleeman supercharger - Wooooooooosh

i'll check out those superchargers!!!!!
i know i got a kompressor but i want something thats gonna make the car go like a bat outta hell and parts are really hard to get out here
:bannana:

You can fit a dump valve to a supercharger !

The purpose of a dump valve is to prevent lots of positive inlet pressure "slamming" the throttle plate shut when you take your foot off the pedal, and it also prevents the turbo from stalling as the boost has nowhere to go. Imagine lots of boost sitting in the inlet charge pipe, As the throttle butterfly closes it is would be rammed shut by the pressure outside. With the plate shut the turbo stalls and has to start building boost all over again.

The sense pipe from the DV receives its pressure signal from the inlet manifold, as the throttle begins to close the inlet "sees" vacuum rather than positive pressure, this vacuum is transmitted to the DV and the DV "dumps" the positive pressure to atmosphere - making the noise that Koolvin loves so much :)

This means that the turbo continues spinning at near enough full speed - and can generate fresh boost much quicker !

A free running turbocharger has lots of kinetic energy - so when your foot comes off the pedal the turbo will continue to develop boost in its normal fashion for a few seconds. With the supercharger, being crankshaft driven, as your foot comes of the throttle the blower slows down at the same rate as the engine - therefore the dump valve doent have anything like the same effect

At the end of the day- it just "dumps" excess boost pressure - it doesnt know if the boost was created by a supercharger or a turbo !!

Mark

Last edited:
but can it go pssssssssssh when I change gear?

Yep

It wont be as loud - and it wont do anything for performance- but the noise would be there !!!

Mark

well thats good to know because really lets face it thats the best part about a dump valve. Cheers

Oh one thing, how much do you think it would cost me to get a supercharger. has anybody else had one fitted to their CLK?

Originally posted by simonclk230
well thats good to know because really lets face it thats the best part about a dump valve. Cheers

Oh one thing, how much do you think it would cost me to get a supercharger. has anybody else had one fitted to their CLK?

I thought CLK230 had a Kompressor already.

yeah it does but i want something that will give me more horsepower and basically more power overall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom