• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

DVLA are my Heroes NOT!

John N

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Peterborough. - (Scot on Permanent Tour!)
Car
GLB 220D 4Matic P+
We bought a 2019 Citroen C3 for my wife on the 28 March, paid £180 for the Road Tax, got a confirmation E Mail for the Tax and thought no more about it!:rolleyes:

V5C arrives, in my name, where it should be my wife's, filled in the "Change my name or address section" and posted it off! :)

8th April new and correct V5C arrives, all is well in the household!;)

This morning a Cheque arrives for £150 from DVLA for a refund of Road Tax, a quick look online and I discovered that the car had been Untaxed sine the 8 April! :mad:

Tried the "Chat Line" no corresponding categories to ask for rectification, so called them, 49 different numbers selections later I got through, "Estimated answer time = 2 Minutes, 15 Minutes later and another 4 number selections and there it was, A HUMAN VOICE! :)

Explained the situation, (Me being Scottish her being Welsh, not that easy) and low and behold, it's MY FAULT, I should have sent a covering letter with the Change of Name V5C in order to explain WHY the name was being changed! :mad:

I paid £180, Cheque = £150 for the Refund and to Tax the Car again is now £190 FFS!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Maybe should have Posted this in the Jokes Thread! :oops:

We bought a 2019 Citroen C3 for my wife on the 28 March, paid £180 for the Road Tax, got a confirmation E Mail for the Tax and thought no more about it!:rolleyes:

V5C arrives, in my name, where it should be my wife's, filled in the "Change my name or address section" and posted it off! :)

8th April new and correct V5C arrives, all is well in the household!;)

This morning a Cheque arrives for £150 from DVLA for a refund of Road Tax, a quick look online and I discovered that the car had been Untaxed sine the 8 April! :mad:

Tried the "Chat Line" no corresponding categories to ask for rectification, so called them, 49 different numbers selections later I got through, "Estimated answer time = 2 Minutes, 15 Minutes later and another 4 number selections and there it was, A HUMAN VOICE! :)

Explained the situation, (Me being Scottish her being Welsh, not that easy) and low and behold, it's MY FAULT, I should have sent a covering letter with the Change of Name V5C in order to explain WHY the name was being changed! :mad:

I paid £180, Cheque = £150 for the Refund and to Tax the Car again is now £190 FFS!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Maybe should have Posted this in the Jokes Thread! :oops:
In a situation like that, I suppose the only positives you can pull from it are that they weren't charging you £1/min on the calls and there wasn't a £45 'administration' fee

Its nothing new Im afraid....if a car changes keeper the tax is refunded and you start again.......surprised you did not know....been like that since 2015! Did you gain an extra keeper on the log book too......If so then I would not have bothered changing it. It makes no difference who is on the log book if they are at the same address.....being the registered keeper is not the same as being the legal owner.

Fill in the blanks about Mrs B trying to get her licence back after a year off after a seizure. Getting the NHS consultant and Medical section of DVLA to correspond with each other, let alone Mrs B getting through on the phone to either, to break into the circle, is nigh on impossible…

Its nothing new Im afraid....if a car changes keeper the tax is refunded and you start again.......surprised you did not know....been like that since 2015! Did you gain an extra keeper on the log book too......If so then I would not have bothered changing it. It makes no difference who is on the log book if they are at the same address.....being the registered keeper is not the same as being the legal owner.
I have always bought New since the mid eighty's, the dealer does all that, the difference being her car NOT mine and as you have pointed out I need to get an extra Keeper removed from the V5C! :oops:

In hindsight, yes I should have left well alone! ;)o_O:rolleyes:

And now my Printer is broke, off to the Pub in Total Disgust! :mad::mad::confused::dk::doh:

V5C arrives, in my name, where it should be my wife's...

I'm a little confused. Am I correct in thinking you made a mistake & entered your name when you should have entered that of your wife?

I'm a little confused. Am I correct in thinking you made a mistake & entered your name when you should have entered that of your wife?
No, the Dealer, although specifically told the car was to be registered in her name filled in the V5 with my name, just changing the V5 when it arrived and was sent back apparently automatically caused the Tax to be Cancelled, though the automatic cancel appears to have not picked up on the fact that the car was Untaxed for 8/9 Days! Unless that is still "In the Post" :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom