• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

E43 vs E53 saloon

• Thread starter Thread starter HB
  • Start date Start date

HB

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C63 , E350 CDI, C320 CDI, SQ7
I’m thinking of getting either one here but, I’d like to hear your opinions/real life experiences/observations of both.

The thought for me would be long term reliability of the hybrid system with the E53 vs just a relatively straight forward V6 twin turbo that fingers crossed should be pretty bombproof.

Your thoughts ?

Harry

You need an S Class. You know it

I test drove the E43. Barely a mile in I was not sold. Test drove the E53 and bought that instead. The 43 sounded like I was driving a V6 Toyota. My 53 has the performance exhaust though

I’m thinking of getting either one here but, I’d like to hear your opinions/real life experiences/observations of both.

The thought for me would be long term reliability of the hybrid system with the E53 vs just a relatively straight forward V6 twin turbo that fingers crossed should be pretty bombproof.

Your thoughts ?
Look at you coming back!
Iv driven a E43 very nice car lots of grip. Enough power for the UK and most of them are really well equipped.

I’m not a fan of hybrid systems you either go full electric or full petrol

I've been eyeing up the E53 as a possible replacement for my E500, and it's hard to find any reports of engine issues. Which I take to be a good sign. Whereas as the C350e seems to have masses of unsatisfied owners...

Look at you coming back!
Iv driven a E43 very nice car lots of grip. Enough power for the UK and most of them are really well equipped.

Hi Ant.
Look at you coming back!

Hi Ant hope all is well.
Going to pass on a 63 this time as the M5 does that job anyway. I haven’t driven either yet so obviously must get that organised, just thought I would ask friends on here for experiences of both.

Straight 6 engine is a peach, creamy smooth and very powerful

mild hybrid probably OK, certainly a lot less complex than a plug in hybrid
Morning Sean hope you’re well. Yes I’ve heard the straight six is a peach and it sounds good. On you tube the noise reminds me of my 330i back in 2002 ! I get what you say re the MH and will investigate further. If I see a nice one in London, guess who’s going to look at it for me 😂

I've been eyeing up the E53 as a possible replacement for my E500, and it's hard to find any reports of engine issues. Which I take to be a good sign. Whereas as the C350e seems to have masses of unsatisfied owners...
Yes agreed re the 350e cars. The E53 I suppose are still newish so I’ll pour over the American forums as there will be more of them out there I reckon. I will report any findings back.

I've always said a good 212 as a 350/500 is a really hard car to replace. Just got out of mine at work and it really is a great car. Mine is a 350 cdi with 92k on the clock - whisper quiet, rides brilliant and plenty quick.

Hi Ant.

Hi Ant hope all is well.
Going to pass on a 63 this time as the M5 does that job anyway. I haven’t driven either yet so obviously must get that organised, just thought I would ask friends on here for experiences of both.
All is well mate hope you and the family are well.

The E43 is an excellent car I cannot comment on the E53 as never been in one. The M5 is lovely I really like those!

Since the M5 is silly fast I would definitely skip on the E53 and get the E43

Reactions: HB
Morning Sean hope you’re well. Yes I’ve heard the straight six is a peach and it sounds good. On you tube the noise reminds me of my 330i back in 2002 ! I get what you say re the MH and will investigate further. If I see a nice one in London, guess who’s going to look at it for me 😂
That generation 330 sounded wonderful 👌🏻

If I see a nice one in London, guess who’s going to look at it for me 😂
I would be more than delighted. Anywhere within the M25 - so long as I don't have to brave the Just Stop Oil nutters 😁

Your thoughts ?
I can’t comment on reliability however the E 53 feels close to the E 55 in concept and execution than the current E 63, which I see as a positive. There’s definitely a place for the E 63 S but the same is true for the E 53. For that reason I would probably go for the E 53.

I can’t comment on reliability however the E 53 feels close to the E 55 in concept and execution than the current E 63, which I see as a positive. There’s definitely a place for the E 63 S but the same is true for the E 53. For that reason I would probably go for the E 53.
I agree Bobby regarding the E53. I’ll organise one for a weekend and report back.

Hate to say this but as an everyday car, the M5 is better than the E63s

I’m loving my E53. Bought it to replace my C63 and my E220. Upset the other half over the weekend when I told her I’m keeping the C63 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom