• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

E63 Wagon Spring SNAP!

sixthree

Car
2015 E63 AMG Wagon
Hi all!

Well the other day I had a bit of a nervous drive as ALL of a sudden this awful noise came from the front suspension whilst driving to the Eurotunnel. It sounded so bad that I had to turn back as I was really concerned something was majorly wrong.

After some investigation it turns out the front left (passenger) side spring snapped the lowest coil and it was just resting on top of the strut. I've removed it and the car drives fine but obviously want to go ahead and change it out.

What springs do you all recommend? I was hoping an H&R kit with some droplinks would be the obvious choice but I'm not sure how agressive the front drop is for a daily? What do you all think?

Btw she has 69k miles on her....

X2 for h&r front springs. I got mine from Autodoc, they had a 40% flash sale. Also order camber bolts for the front, although it hasn't been installed as yet on mine, I have the bolts that need to go on.

Get drop links for the rear, cheap as chips from ebay and will need wheel alignment after installation 👍

Awesome! I just bought the H&R's from CKS Performance. Where can you get the camber bolts? Is this an MB part? And where to get the best lowering links? Ones from CKS are like £200! I do what a good quality part though.

^ Still have a set of S/W212 E63 lowering links that I never fitted to my E63 before I sold it if you are interested.

Will need 4 bolts altogether. Two for the actual camber and two for the caster. Both angles effects one another, so 4 bolts required.

^ Still have a set of S/W212 E63 lowering links that I never fitted to my E63 before I sold it if you are interested.
Absolutely! Do you have a photo? Price?

Absolutely! Do you have a photo? Price?
There are photos and a price in the link above.
Send me a PM if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom