E63 Winter tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are yours 16's? I've checked their website and my search is only returning wheel and winter tyre sets for 16" wheels :dk:
You won’t get 16s over the brakes on a C63.

The ones you link to in your other post, I’m sure they were advertised by a member on here some while back - maybe they’re up for a deal :)

How about these. This is the price of four wheels.

If you want 18 inch wheels.....

18 inch light-alloy wheels | Styling VI / 6 | C63 | C-Class W204 | genuine AMG

For tyres you may well need to source these locally.

I like those, thanks :thumb:

You won’t get 16s over the brakes on a C63.

The ones you link to in your other post, I’m sure they were advertised by a member on here some while back - maybe they’re up for a deal :)

Cheers, i'll have a search :thumb:

To be fair for genuine AMG wheels of any type new you’re not going to find anything much below £2k anyway, they’re about £2.5k from alloywheelsdirect and probably more still from UK main dealers.

Best bet would be to look around for a second hand set of C63 wheels if they’re for winter use IMHO. You can always refurb them in the spring ready for next year :)

Thats what I did. I got OEM wheels 18 above with winter tyres for 1/3 price of a new set. Yes they had a few marks, but some wet and sand and look 90% of a new pair

Does anyone know please if those Wolfrace wheels i noted above will fit my 09 plate? (they were removed from a 17 plate convertible)

Can anyone suggest which size wheels are best for the E63S winter set?
I doubt very much that you will get 18" wheels to fit around your huge brake calipers, although I could be wrong. I have a set of 19" winter wheels on mine now, but I'm not happy with the offsets and width of the wheels as I rushed into the purchase.

I'm now in search for a square set of 9.5Jx19 ET25 front, ET45 rear and I'm planning on using 265/40R19 Michelin Pilot Alpin 4's all round.
The above sizes make the fronts the same as stock. The link below shows the difference at the rears.
Will They Fit - Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator

Last edited:
for merc's official approved tyre sizes , this attached document may help. you need the first 6 digits of your chassis number. my c63s is 205 287 for example and all approved MO tyres are listed in this document. you may also want to go off piste and pick your own brand etc

Another way is to look at the fuel inner panel door next to the fuel cap. The very bottom line describes the winter front and rear tyre set up and will have the symbols ”M + S" . as an example my vehicle describes 245/35 19 for front and rear.

also lots of websites like michellin allow you to stick your reg number in and then it tells you what your standard wheel size is and which summer , winter etc tyre options will work. A lot of people prefer a square set up for snow and ice ie all 4 tyres having the same width .

Attachments

• Approved wheel AMG 205.287.pdf
    112.2 KB · Views: 12
I doubt very much that you will get 18" wheels to fit around your huge brake calipers, although I could be wrong. I have a set of 19" winter wheels on mine now, but I'm not happy with the offsets and width of the wheels as I rushed into the purchase.

I'm now in search for a square set of 9.5Jx19 ET25 front, ET45 rear and I'm planning on using 265/40R19 Michelin Pilot Alpin 4's all round.
The above sizes make the fronts the same as stock. The link below shows the difference at the rears.
Will They Fit - Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator

Very useful btw have you managed to find any 265/40 19 tyres in stock anywhere ? 265/35s are not in stock anywhere. also looking at your planned size, conti 6s are the best winter tyre currently on the market and have that tyre size ... great dry and wet performance apparently...

Chaps, my apologies for the confusion, i meant stock levels of Michelin alpin PA4s specifically, sorry for the lack of clarity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom