ELECTRIC SCOOTERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A STEP FORWARD OR A STEP BACK- either way you won't hear em coming!

Step Back IMHO!

I spent New Year in Berlin, they have thousands of E-Scooters for Rent by App, most of them are either abandoned in awkward places (Middle of the Road) or thrown into Rivers and onto Railway Lines! :rolleyes: :mad:

Step Back IMHO!

I spent New Year in Berlin, they have thousands of E-Scooters for Rent by App, most of them are either abandoned in awkward places (Middle of the Road) or thrown into Rivers and onto Railway Lines! :rolleyes: :mad:
Shock horror! Bad sh!t happens in die Wunderland? Surely not...

I suppose this follows the new religion that electric transport is green so is good. Despite the scooters being made in China from toxic tat.

Trouble is scooters are for young people not those who would have a valid use such as to help the elderly get around.

So they’ll be legal on the roads. Of course nobody will ever use them on pavements will they! Grrrrrrr

Reactions: 219
Step Back IMHO!

Best place for them.

You have to laugh when those who are promoting the use of them state that they will take polluting cars off the road and ease pressure on public transport etc....or you could cry when hearing such bull$hit.

I have only seen one or two of these things around our way, one ridden by (typical) yoof and the other by a fully grown man who has his small (5 yr old?) son standing on the foot plate - no helmets - in front of his clever dad. The other day he left the road , rode along the pavement through the pumps at the local Tesco garage and parked up at the store ....all in full view of two police officers sat in their car, they just drove off.
My guess is no number-plate etc = loads of paperwork , but the least they could have done is have a brief chat with the bloke. But no.

The complete opposite of our experience of Dresden last September. Rental E-Scooters were commonplace, but seemed to be generally well parked when not in use, and used with common sense - both on roads and in pedestrian areas.

As with all these things there will be the odd a$$hole who abuses it, but if there's an incentive to do it right from the start (and that's the clever bit about it being limited to rental scooters, so the rental company has loss of their licence to operate to consider), I don't see it as the "end of the world as we know it" that the usual suspects trot out.

So they’ll be legal on the roads. Of course nobody will ever use them on pavements will they! Grrrrrrr
“Grrrrrrr” What’s this? The bloody Beano! :p

Saw quite a few of these in Germany recently on the rental scheme. Seems to suit the urban environment well. Around my way also see quite a few adults using them to nip about town and to/from the station or office etc.

You get idiots on motorbikes, cycles and in cars as well as joggers in the roads and all sorts. Don’t think there is too much problem with these tbh.

Unlike bicycles which are very noisy so you can hear them coming:wallbash:

Exactly, and cyclist can be a PITA in London, where I see wide use of the scooters - so why not ? I don’t see the difference and in fact cyclists are capable of much higher speeds.

why just rentals?

why just rentals?
As I mentioned above, the rental company knows that they will lose their licence to operate if too many people take the pi$$, so there's an incentive for the rental company to take on the role of policing the use of their E-Scooters with respect to their use and parking.

0DC9C6B1-8307-4538-A8E5-8830D4B60482.jpeg
Lights, swinging arm suspension, chunky tyres, side stand, luggage. I think I might the Mrs one for the weekly shop (Just topped up her life insurance). 😱

Surely an electric moped with tax, insurance & mot requirements would be better for Britain's economy & the motor trade post virus than these horrendous looking tatty chinese scooters being allowed on the road.

The biggest seller of the scooters will probably be the tax dodgers Amazon, that is not going help UK plc get out of this C-19 deep recession.

Maybe this all a precursor to massive rises in road tax for ICE transport. Especially diesel no doubt.

Reactions: 219
Surely an electric moped with tax, insurance & mot requirements would be better for Britain's economy & the motor trade post virus than these horrendous looking tatty chinese scooters being allowed on the road.

The biggest seller of the scooters will probably be the tax dodgers Amazon, that is not going help UK plc get out of this C-19 deep recession.

Maybe this all a precursor to massive rises in road tax for ICE transport. Especially diesel no doubt.

I’m not sure you saw that only the authorised rental companies will currently be legalised e.g. the Limes and Ubers so only likely to be in town centres. Privately owned ones are still illegal to use anywhere in public. The tental fee will include insurance. Most likely 3rd party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom