Engine upgrades to a 2005 CLK55 AMG.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C280 Sport

Car
Mercedes-Benz
I just purchased a very clean low miles CLK55 AMG. Not looking to go crazy with the car but looking to get a little more out of it. Cost is not really a factor at all. What would be the basic tune I should be looking into? ECU? Exhaust really worth my time?

C63 Exhaust, different filters? Remap would help throttle response and get a couple of horses but nothing major. If I was lucky enough to own a 55, I would slam a 63 exhaust on it as a #1 priority!

C280 Sport said:
I just purchased a very clean low miles CLK55 AMG. Not looking to go crazy with the car but looking to get a little more out of it. Cost is not really a factor at all. What would be the basic tune I should be looking into? ECU? Exhaust really worth my time?

I take it it's the facelift model ?

MC63CLK said:
I take it it's the facelift model ?

Spend your money on suspension and handling first off.
KW 2 suspension along with unrated anti roll transforms the car.
Remap and exhaust will improve performance I think I achieved around 430 hp on my DMS map.
Have fun :)

Remap and exhaust will improve performance I think I achieved around 430 hp on my DMS map.

I think you mean "uprated" not unrated!:devil:

Clk 55 amg

C63 Exhaust, different filters? Remap would help throttle response and get a couple of horses but nothing major. If I was lucky enough to own a 55, I would slam a 63 exhaust on it as a #1 priority!

Filters I find do not do too much. K&N are a joke. A clean OEM filter works fine. I like the idea of the throttle response and the idea of a 63 Exhaust sounds out of this world! The sound must be unreal.

Clk 55 amg

MY 2005. Facelifted car. 430bhp sounds good to me!

Filters I find do not do too much. K&N are a joke. A clean OEM filter works fine.
They work well with forced induction, but having an oiled air filter can lean to the excess mucking up the inside on the inlet pipework. - On the upside they work better the dirtier they get.

The only other benefit is that you might gain some induction noise, if you like that kind of thing. Maybe you wouldn't hear that over the exhaust note. :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom