EQC Problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well done for rejecting it without spending months on here asking us lot what to do with it. Tell MB when they have sorted out the required tech to sell such vehicles at such prices to give you a call.

Hi, I bought an EQC one year ago and have had a number of problems, after approx 8 weeks a coolant pump failed and the car was in the dealers workshops for a week, then the 'fuel' flap locking mechansim jammed (electric cars do not need a locking flap!) and had to be replaced which involved two visits to the dealer (1st attempt 'failed') the car has now been off the road for 4 weeks after a number of warning lights came on, so far they have replaced a motor but still no sign of it being fixed.

For the first three weeks I was supplied a rental E400e (nice car), but have now been given a dealers car, an GLA200 (1.3 petrol), which must be the most un-mercedes model ever!

Does anyone have similar experiences? I would also appreciate any advice as to how to best leverage my position with the Dealer (Mercedes Glasgow).
Hi , I have responded to another thread but wanted to add that my car had 2 coolant pumps replaced and a day after I collected it I saw a "top up coolant sign on the dash".21/03/2021 and I will be following up and going through with it regardless. I love the look and feel of the car but honestly at this price it has to be more reliable.What other cars are you all considering instead of the eqc ?

i thought i'd add my sorry tale with a faulty EQC. The Car is great, nice to drive, quick and what i expected a £75k to be. However, from new i did 60 miles before it failed, coolant trip warning light. It's been back with MB for the last 5 weeks, the majority of which they were clueless in terms of the problem and fix and relied heavily on Germany to provide fixes, all of which didn't work. Turns out to be a faulty coolant pump (or so we think), out of stock and on back order, so again i have to wait with no real confirmed end. Seems that the coolant pumps are an issue on EQC's, why do MB sell cars with known faults and haven't issued any recalls? I wanted a fully electric vehicle as i strongly believe in sustainability, but the replacement cars i have been offered where horrible, without making a fuss i'd have been driving round in a diesel GLB, as it turns out i do have a e class hybrid, which is nice, but not the car i ordered or am paying for. Come on MB surely you can do better than this.

i thought i'd add my sorry tale with a faulty EQC. The Car is great, nice to drive, quick and what i expected a £75k to be. However, from new i did 60 miles before it failed, coolant trip warning light. It's been back with MB for the last 5 weeks, the majority of which they were clueless in terms of the problem and fix and relied heavily on Germany to provide fixes, all of which didn't work. Turns out to be a faulty coolant pump (or so we think), out of stock and on back order, so again i have to wait with no real confirmed end. Seems that the coolant pumps are an issue on EQC's, why do MB sell cars with known faults and haven't issued any recalls? I wanted a fully electric vehicle as i strongly believe in sustainability, but the replacement cars i have been offered where horrible, without making a fuss i'd have been driving round in a diesel GLB, as it turns out i do have a e class hybrid, which is nice, but not the car i ordered or am paying for. Come on MB surely you can do better than this.
Seems the coolant pump problem crops up regularly. No MB apparently don't seem to be able to do better than this.

i thought i'd add my sorry tale with a faulty EQC. The Car is great, nice to drive, quick and what i expected a £75k to be. However, from new i did 60 miles before it failed, coolant trip warning light. It's been back with MB for the last 5 weeks, the majority of which they were clueless in terms of the problem and fix and relied heavily on Germany to provide fixes, all of which didn't work. Turns out to be a faulty coolant pump (or so we think), out of stock and on back order, so again i have to wait with no real confirmed end. Seems that the coolant pumps are an issue on EQC's, why do MB sell cars with known faults and haven't issued any recalls? I wanted a fully electric vehicle as i strongly believe in sustainability, but the replacement cars i have been offered where horrible, without making a fuss i'd have been driving round in a diesel GLB, as it turns out i do have a e class hybrid, which is nice, but not the car i ordered or am paying for. Come on MB surely you can do better than this

5 weeks ? Covid or not , after 5 days of messing around they could have had it taken back to Germany (assuming that is where they are from, theses days you never know) It's not a good look for any manufacturer to have these kind of problems with ant car , let alone one at this price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom