External Temp Guage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timmy

Car
w202 Esprit.
Just jet washed car prior to NW 1st GTG. Now external temp guage is showing + 0.00c . It's about 30c by ours, so what have I done to it. Will it dry out and revert back to normal, or have I broken it. I believe it is on the front left of the front spoiler.

timmy said:
Just jet washed car prior to NW 1st GTG. Now external temp guage is showing + 0.00c . It's about 30c by ours, so what have I done to it. Will it dry out and revert back to normal, or have I broken it. I believe it is on the front left of the front spoiler.

Find it and check the connections are tight and dry, could be earthing.

Timmy, it's a small black pointy thing below the bumper on teh nearside at the front. The wiring runs up behind the nearside headlight, and I recall that there is a join there (to allow for bumer removal). It must be used to getting wet, so hopefully it will dry out.

Thanks guys. Some water must have got inside the sensor somehow. It's dried out now and is working perfectly. It's weird, that I have never had one of these before, but was really fed up when it stopped working, kinda like knowing what the temp is:confused: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom