F1 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just been listening to Horner and in previous years enjoyed his chats before, during and after the race. Is it just me or he has he turned to dross and now only talk about how wonderful and spectacular MV?

I think this is a big reason why Danny Ric left Red Bull, it's orientated around Max. That and the reported 30 million other reasons :)

Just came across this link which I found to be interesting..
Formula 1: The secret aerodynamicist reveals design concepts

I hope there's more to come.
Yes, it's good stuff.
Time will tell if he is right about the in wash and out wash theory, but todays result would tend to support it.
The performance of the red cars at Barcelona on a billiard table smooth track is another area of intrigue. Maybe the 'in-wash' car can give a better result when there are less transient conditions, but the Mercedes 'out-wash' car is better over and uneven surface and does not need to be held at the absolute right attitude to get good results?

My experience is almost all with closed wheel cars where we could effectively isolate the aero 'chaos' around the front wheels from the external licked surfaces. I'm very much on a steep learning curve for open wheel cars!
I do know that the area just aft of the front wheels on the Le Mans Bentley was the key to getting the car to have the best 'aerodynamic torque' as Bentley referred to the ability to have a consistent downforce in all conditions of ride height, pitch, roll and yaw.

Well the podium said it all,Bottas smiling and holding the trophy,Hamilton clapping and thinking thats the only one you are getting,and Verstappen looking dejected,I suspect he was thinking my car is .5 of a second slower a lap,and in the Ferrari camp they must be close to tears,there car is a second down a lap over that race,and the others well,best not dwell on that,we seem to be on the verge of a total non event with F1 this season,on a positive note we are getting a real fight between some of the lesser teams,I like the HAAS .

Pleased for Bottas, a well driven race once past Hamilton.
Leclerc being ordered to stay behind Seb in the first race was an awful call from Ferrari IMO. Its shows they really don't want another racer in the second seat.
But as a spectacle, oh dear:(

Pleased for Bottas, a well driven race once past Hamilton.
Leclerc being ordered to stay behind Seb in the first race was an awful call from Ferrari IMO. Its shows they really don't want another racer in the second seat.
But as a spectacle, oh dear:(
In fairness to Ferrari, it's possible to consider that Seb could have gone quicker but not quick enough to challenge Max, so had turned down the engine. A race with LeClerc would have been unnecessary and no point in swapping places.

In fairness to Ferrari, it's possible to consider that Seb could have gone quicker but not quick enough to challenge Max, so had turned down the engine. A race with LeClerc would have been unnecessary and no point in swapping places.
I suspect a tactic also employed by Lewis, let's save the engine for when in a position to actually get more points. You get the same points for being 2nd by a few tenths as you do by 20 secs.

I suspect a tactic also employed by Lewis, let's save the engine for when in a position to actually get more points. You get the same points for being 2nd by a few tenths as you do by 20 secs.
And they kind of owed Vatieri one anyway after Sochi last year.
On Sunday, there's no way VB was going to let LH get by without team orders and to do that on race one would not have been smart if they want/need VB to be onside later in the season.

If anyone's interested, the authorised biography of Kimi Raikkonen is available today on Kindle for £0.99 as one of Amazon's Daily Deals. The full title is "The Unknown Kimi Raikkonen", and the author is Kari Hotakainen.

^^ and again in FP2, over half a second ahead of Mercedes although there should still be pace to come

Unlikely, Patrick will be doing what they employed Paddy Lowe to do. Look at the Engineering team structure and identify what needs to change.

Well that was a really boring race today. Very little overtaking, very little real racing and hardly any unexpected twists in the plot.
I wouldn't bother watching it if you haven't already.....:doh:

Well that was a really boring race today. Very little overtaking, very little real racing and hardly any unexpected twists in the plot.
I wouldn't bother watching it if you haven't already.....:doh:

I agree. Same 20 cars around the track parading around without drama. One stopping and all on the same tyre strategy with no wheel to wheel racing. Oh wait...:confused:

Very unlucky for Charles, he deserved to win. Vettel made another mistake under pressure and paid for it. If he is to win the WDC he needs to stop making mistakes like that. As for Max, was it a racing incident with Carlos? Either way he was lucky not to throw his race away.
Lewis seemed to have the pace on the medium tyres but with the soft tyres he was losing grip after a handful of laps. A win is a win though, on to China and race 1000

It wasn't a bad race but nor was it edge of the seat stuff either. Good result for Merc. Ferrari had the faster car and it was shame Charles didn't take the win, but hey ho, that's racing. Norris and KR did well :cool: Is Kubica really up to the job? Danny Rick must want to forget about today pretty quickly ....

I'm taking a real dislike to who ever controls the camera views with Sky. There was action upfront with SV catching LH and they were showing mid fielders plodding around not doing much.

Well Mercedes got a one two in a race that it seemed they could not win,Ferrari have I think learned a very big lesson,they turned the wick up on both their engines and one has lost power maybe a pot or the recovery system whatever ,not so sure Vettel got away without damage either,this season is longer than the last and you still only get five engines,and after two races Ferrari have I suspect broken one of theirs,lets see what happens in the next race ,that will answer a lot of questions.

I know very little in life is fair, but I really think the grid penalty for exceeding replacement parts is unfair on the driver, as it’s the constructor (or more strictly engine provider, but they don’t have a separate championship) at fault.

A fairer system would be to deduct points from the constructor in the next race, when the grid penalty is currently applied, but leaving the driver's points intact. The constructor could still tell the driver to "turn it down" or whatever, to protect the engine, but that’s their choice.

It could also be used the other way round, to penalise the driver for his 'misdemeanours', eg causing a collision, when the constructor is not at fault.

Fantasy? Maybe, and such a system would have its faults, but the present system, IMHO, falsifies the drivers' championship. And I am a fan of Hamilton, who has probably benefited from the present system over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom