feedback system on fleabay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
1991 sl300-24 project,s124 280,w115 no interior, w108 project no engine
Hi all

Try as I may I have been unable to work out how to respond (as a seller) to feedback left.
I listed a £100+ item about ten weeks back along with some other stuff. I noticed on the final day of the auction that I had c*cked up the listing andf had put no reserve in error. It was bidding at a fiver so naturally I needed to swing into action. I was unable to delete the bids/cancel the auction, it just wouldn't let me for some reason (despite haveing seen mnany many items withdrawn at the "death" no doubt to dodge fees).
I messaged both bidders and told them I was unable to proceed with the sale, very sorry etc, but would relist it with a cheaper reserve and send them the link.
Despite this the bidding continued, messaged again, no response. A person won it and I immediately messaged to reiterate no can do. They then went and paypal'd the payment which I had to refund (done within ten minutes of them paying).
No further communication yet this week the twonk has neggy feedbacked me (ten weeks after the listing). Naturally I want to protect my reputation so I need to (nicely) respond.

How do I do that????

TIA

You could contact ebay to allow you to leave feedback or have it nullified, but what you have done is classic of people that are cheating the system.
Legally you should sell the item for the maximum bid as it was a No Reserve auction.

Why you didn't think to cancel the sale before the last 24Hrs beats me.

At present I would say the poor feedback is justified.

you cannot leave feedback after 60 days,even if you could you wouldn't be able to leave negative feedback only positive,12 months ago i won a ps3 that had been listed wrong,won it at £2.99 and the seller cocked on me after much twoing and frowing with emails between me the seller and ebay,ebay advised legal action,after one letter from solicitor (£25) and playstation arrived albeit damaged.i have lost out numerous times on things i thought would sell for more and didn't but it is a legally binding auction and therefore let it go.
just for future reference though cancel the bids on the auction first and then the listing can be removed the normal way.:thumb:

Despite I don't doubt what you say is the case, and what you've told them, it does look like a case of sour grapes and you've changed your mind as you are not getting enough money for the item.

For all they know, you didn't put a reserve to save money and took a punt but it didn't go your way and now you are trying to back out.

The fact the real situation is not the case doesn't really matter as they don't know - so I can understand why they have left you negative feedback.

You should really have honoured the sale and put it down to experience.

playstation arrived albeit damaged

Surely you had the option of getting compensation from either the delivery company, if it was them, or the seller as the item was not as described - or could you not be rsed with the hassle?

Sorry to say this John, but it's a bit of a schoolboy error pal.

Surely you had the option of getting compensation from either the delivery company, if it was them, or the seller as the item was not as described - or could you not be rsed with the hassle?

it was the chap who sold it,i got a snotty email a few weeks after it arrived asking if i was happy with ps3 "shame about the damage" as a ps,but it still worked and we only really use it as a blueray player,

it was the chap who sold it,i got a snotty email a few weeks after it arrived asking if i was happy with ps3 "shame about the damage" as a ps,but it still worked and we only really use it as a blueray player,

Don't you just love mindless dickheads.

I'm glad it still works though - that's two pairs of fingers in their face for £2.99...

:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom