• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Selling a car on Ebay - possible scammage?

Well hip hip hooray, I have another bidder on the car so I can make a second chance offer (at least I think so) if the original bidder doesn't win. He is still winning at the moment but I'm still of the opinion that he's a waster, given that in the last 2 days he's had 2 more people leaving feedback that he's bid and then not got in contact at the end of the auction. What do these people think they're playing at?

Cheers,

Gaz

Corrected that for ya!
Actually you have not please read my statement as I am not suggesting a bid to increase your profit which is what a shill bid is but to stop your item being sold in the first place to anyone else who has bid on it and allow you an avenue to return your fees.

Sadly having had it so obviously done to me more times than I am willing to accept on ebay in the 9 years using the site with no support from Ebay admin I am now more aware and prepared to counteract and stop people from wasting my time, money and additional un-refunderable fees.

Having said that if you have ever been to a live Auction you will see plenty of silent bidders pushing up bidding prices and even sellers bidding on their own items just to get the ball rolling, they say it does not happen but just watch it does and the Auctioneers know it.

Last edited:
Well, unfortunately the Barchetta got knocked down to Mr. Timewaster. I've sent the invoice, for form's sake, but I think the chances of him going through with the sale are slim. Oh well, at least it got two other offers so I can make second chance offers after a couple of days - but as I guess these offers are now not binding (the auction having been won by the timewaster) they will try and knock me down on what's already a cheap car? I suppose if it's not binding on them it cuts both ways so I can tell them to s0d off.

Humph. Not a happy camper.

Gaz

Nope. Had to wait 4 days to raise a case with ebay, and have to wait another 4 days before I can close it and get my final selling fee returned (ends tomorrow). I'll still get hit with the listing fee I believe. Had to re-insure the car in the mean time. Big waste of time all round.

Gaz

Gaz

Feel for you here. I had the same with guy who bough a set of Hamman wheels at the Buy It Now price. These had two pics of each wheel and were described as Full Black Powder Coated. Bloke told ebay he never realised they were black. Ebay allowed him to retract his winning bid but did withdraw my fees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom