Ferarri cheating...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
...or just using the rules.

They deliberately break a gearbox seal on Massa's car so that he is relegated 5 places on the grid and Alonso and others move up one place...and on to the grippy side of the track.

Not illegal but surely poor sportsmanship? :wallbash:

I dislike Ferrari even more now. :mad:

Can we ever answer that question definitively, if not...Gawd help us...

I predict 40 pages of argument...

Diabolical! Now I want Vettel to win!

Away an' boil your head. :p

LOL.

We could have a sweepstake, £1 a go.

All for charidy, mate...

Maybe this forum could enter a thread for the Guinness book of records....the longest forum argument.

Last edited:
What do you expect from a prancing horse and a spaniard?,anything that gets him closer to Vettel is fine by me.

Definitely pulled a fast one but it adds to the spectacle for us, looking forward to a good race and Vettel has cracked under pressure before

For decades, F1 has been about exploiting and bending the limits of the rules. When it's done with car design it's regarded as genius. When it's taking a penalty pit stop at the end of the race it's outrageous mickey-taking. But just as legal. In both cases the usual outcome is a rules change before the "loophole" could be exploited by all.

That said, I think that this instance is ill-judged- arrogant even- and I doubt the resultant benefit will be worth the grief they'll get for it.

(BTW, I do have a vested interest- Scuderia Ferrari fan since the late 60s)

Is it any worse than building a front wing which passes all the detailed tests but still bends in a favourable manner? Or starting from the pit lane, an option available to any driver? Or 'double DRS? The rules don't prohibit taking the stalling air from the front wing, the rulemakers probably didn't even think of it.

Like tax avoidance, there are no laws to do with morality. It's either illegal or it isn't, in which case it's legal.

No wishing to detract from the Ferrari question, but for years I have been convinced that Buttons car was being nobbled in favour of Hamilton. Race after race he suffered "technical" faults and they even let his wheel fall off as he exited the pit lane. F1 always smells - but I love it just the same......

...or just using the rules.

They deliberately break a gearbox seal on Massa's car so that he is relegated 5 places on the grid and Alonso and others move up one place...and on to the grippy side of the track.

Team game and we all get to ''go to Brazil''.

Mic

we all get to ''go to Brazil''.

I'd rather not have had another season where Ferrari manage to set us up to fall at the final hurdle- it's like a self-inflicted jinx... except of course with Kimi :D

The drivers in the front half of the grid are truly fantastic.....we are being served up an unbelievable treat of astonishing talent, strength and determination.
Todays podium plus Kimi and Jenson are all still competitive world champions with two or three pretenders keeping them ''honest''.

Love it

Mic

Not cheating at all. In fact an act of smart thinking to keep Alonso in the championship mix - which worked, and gives us a final round decider.
F1 is all about working at the extreme edges of the rules - and has been from Chapman's day if not before.

Interesting point made (on one of the other threads) re RB could have done the same with Webber - but chose not to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom