First attempt at removing a top coat scratch by wet sanding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Always willing to try different products, are you in Donny like?
I am.

sanding the entire panel its not smart at all, unless it's completely scratched.
you are just removing unnecessary clear coat.
1 st thing after wash, is to use the clay bar to remove contaminants on the paint surface, then use wet sandpaper 2000 just on the scratches.
if you have a polishing machine you can skip the 3k 4k 5k wet sand, it's just a waste of time going thru all those steps.
after sanding with 2k and if you have an polishing machine (dual orbital are great and very safe) go for medium polishing pad usually green, and medium/fast cut compound
(I only use 3M stuff)
to finish use an fine/soft polishing pad and same for compound.
that should give you a good mirror finish.
then seal the paint and job done.

Keep it up, luckily I don't have to do it but wish I had your confidence. I just checked with a detailer who did my ceramic coating & for wet sanding the whole car he charges £4000+vat. I am sure you will make a brilliant job as you know what you are doing👍:cool:

Keep it up, luckily I don't have to do it but wish I had your confidence. I just checked with a detailer who did my ceramic coating & for wet sanding the whole car he charges £4000+vat. I am sure you will make a brilliant job as you know what you are doing👍:cool:

There is a lot of work involved however you could get the car painted for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom