Firth Gear, filming your E55?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The car is lovely Rog! Glad I recorded it as I could fast forward straight to the e55 and then switch off :)

Car looks amazing! Also what is she on about, ‘some early pumps failed at X presses, make sure you had the recall work done’ ???!!! It was never a fault was it? That’s how the system is designed lol.... and the £1200 quote per corner for airmatic, you can do it for way less can’t you?.. :wallbash:

Of course you can get the work done for less...

The show have to give you the worse case scenario. They've called a Mercedes dealership and asked how much it'd be.

What if they shopped around and managed to find an indy willing to do it for peanuts, an offer no consumer is likely to be able to match.

Hmm I guess, although on a ‘value’ car segment quoting main dealer prices makes no sense to me.

What she said about the SBC is plain wrong though :)

Yes and that lady quite obviously knows nothing about cars. ;)

Lovely E55

A mate used to own a V10 M5 and it was absolutely incredible.

He has money, a fair chunk of it, and the running costs of the M5 were eye-watering and he sold it after about a year. Single figure mpg was easy to achieve and it ate tyres for fun.

I think VBH made the wrong call

Also what is she on about, ‘some early pumps failed at X presses, make sure you had the recall work done’ ???!!! It was never a fault was it? That’s how the system is designed lol.... and the £1200 quote per corner for airmatic, you can do it for way less can’t you?.. :wallbash:

From memory, the number of activations (which equates to presses) was originally 150,000 and they revised the firmware to increase this to 300,000 as well as to make it run more quietly.

I had this update done on mine and it was fine in the time I had it.

So I guess if the firmware update was not done, the pump would "fail" after 150,000 activations but of course in reality, the pump was probably working fine as you suggest (by design) which is probably why MB increased the limit. They were being over-careful in the first instance.

Finally watched it this arvo.

I can understand why VBH chose the M5. She said she had a soft spot for them anyway so she had probably already made up her mind long before now.

Having considered an M5 like that myself, I personally didn't want the SMGIII as I stated above (and the hardware does go wrong too!) and also that fuel economy really is dreadful and the brakes are very expensive.

But it is probably more of a drivers' car than the other too to be fair.

But, the engine sound of the E55K is stonking with the blower and the E55K can be tuned well beyond the M5 for very little money. The E55K is such a good all rounder that I am glad I chose mine based on looks and the engine sounds. I'd make the same choice again.

Your car looked by far the best there Roger, as I knew it would. I didn't even spot the wheel and I knew about it from this thread. :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is in firthed place in my music collection
Have you heard it in 96/24 hi-res format?
Firthed among equals

This is in firthed place in my music collection
Have you heard it in 96/24 hi-res format?
Firthed among equals
No I haven't but agree it's a masterpiece, actually it's a pretty cool album.

I almost took up piano on the back of this piece of music.

I didn't see anything about Scotland or was Colin supposed to be there instead ?? ;)

Ok, I'll ask the question on everyone's mind.

Did you sniff the seat afterwards? :D:D:eek:

That certainly isn’t on everyone’s mind!

I don't see the attraction myself.... a little squeeling & annoying for me.

I don't want a woman to be a man or man like. I prefer them to be woman like. Controversial I know in this day & age....just IMHO of course.

I don't see the attraction myself.... a little squeeling & annoying for me.

+1

Watched it last night, lovely car Roger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom