fitmenbt question clk...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leemanuel

Car
350 SL
HI,

ok i understand tyre sizes but not the whole ET and PCD thing...... i have 18" alloys on my 2002 w208 clk and the wheels i am looking at are 28" 5 stud .

The ones i am looking at have an Offset ET of 31 and PCD of 112 (think that means stud diamiter)

will these fit?

What does PCD mean?

PCD stands for (pitch circle diameter), this is the diameter of a circle drawn through the center of your wheel's bolt holes. PCD is measured in millimetres and also indicates the number of studs or bolts the wheel will have. The most common fitment has 4 studs with a PCD of 100mm, hence the fitment 4x100.

What does OFFSET (et) mean?

Your car requires a unique offset. This is where the wheel will sit in relation to the bodyline of the vehicle, realistically you can go 5-7mm outside these recommendations, Offset is usually stamped on the wheel and is measured in millimetres of et (et is the short form of the German word 'Einpresstiefe' which literally translates as insertion depth).

can anyone confirm that i am on the right lines here .......

pcd for w208 is 112 so all ok there and offset is 35 - these wheels are 31 but if you have a 5-7 leway then im all ok?

or am i missing the idea:crazy:

think it should be ok then, the ones im looking at are 18" wouldnt go any bigger.

the numbers seem to match ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom