• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Flat Battery & Gaining Access into car

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Just gone out to my car to find I have a flat battery - a result of the alarm problems most likely.

I have tried to get into the car with the key blade from the drivers door, however it wont unlock and I am at risk of bending the blade. How can I get access?

Thanks!

Is there no way of opening the bonnet from the outside?.As if you can gain access to the fuse for the central locking you can pewer the central locking system from there and therfore letting you use your remote ?

Is there no way of opening the bonnet from the outside?.As if you can gain access to the fuse for the central locking you can pewer the central locking system from there and therfore letting you use your remote ?

Not that I can see, I wanted to get access to the cabin to open the bonnet - the battery is in under the bonnet on a W209

or get an old wire coat hanger and pushing it through behind the window and rubbur and trying to catch the inside door handle as I am sure pulling on the handle will overide the lock and open the door?

Lube the door lock with penertration fluid. Leave it for 30 mins and try again.

If the door lock is stuck can you use the blade in the boot, open that, fold the seats down and get in that way?

Right, got boot open!

Will try and climb through which is going to be fun!

Can you use another W211 to jump start? - or will that fry its electronics? - no mention in the W211s manual but im sure I read it on here.

Last edited:
Just follow the instructions in the manual re jump starting. There are terminals provided under the bonnet to attach the jump leads.

Right, got boot open!

Will try and climb through which is going to be fun!

Can you use another W211 to jump start? - or will that fry its electronics? - no mention in the W211s manual but im sure I read it on here.
Glad you got in mate :bannana:

That was interesting to say the least - not exactly a large gap to fit though!

The interior lights, indicators had been flashing all night it appears and had flattered the battery to nearly nothing...

If nothing else at least you have got in to the car, without an expensive bill,
One of the first thing that I checked when I got my car was the door lock, as I have a habit of leaving something on,lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom