Flooded...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shouldnt have moved over mate. Ahh well. At least you're ok. Hope its sorted soon.

I had a few near misses as I trundled through in the Vito yesterday but stood my ground and the space I left allowed the plonker's to go past at speed which hopefully means they have ingested some water by the time they reached the deepest parts. Some weren't even driving particularly high vehichles, but just bombing through without a care in the world. Who the hell do they think they are?
Not happy at my van being sloshed by dirty water, though.

Best of luck with it all, Mr E.

Find out who he is and rig up something like this...

[YOUTUBE]nb8_FNC8Bdw[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks all...

Mean thoughts have just about subsided, along with the water. Car was eventually recovered late afternoon on the 25th, and had about an inch of water sloshing about in the bottom (I went to meet the recovery guys who had had been working flat out). Key wouldn't turn, and none of us were sure where the interlock was to get it out of park, so they put it on a set of dollies and pulled it up onto a flatbed. It goes to a Mercedes garage today and we'll await the verdict next week.

Now just sitting indoors looking at potential replacements, waiting for Mrs E to call to say whether we can pick up the CLK today or not.

Well I feel it inappropriate to hit either the thanks or like buttons. Keep us informed Mr E please.

Well I feel it inappropriate to hit either the thanks or like buttons. Keep us informed Mr E please.

Very well put. We are thinking of you, Mr E.

No news yet on the E-Class, but we picked up the CLK on Saturday :)

Did the last 10 miles with the hood down - flipping cold but great fun. Best news was that it only cost just over £200 to add it as a third car onto the multicar policy with Aviva for the next 7 months.

We're now looking forward to better weather to come. In the meantime, I'm toying with a smaller replacement as we don't need two large-engined cars in the house (although I may want...) but can't make my mind up as of yet. I'm quite happy to tool around in the Punto - which is quite a hoot to drive - so we'll wait to see what happens and, if it comes to it, what settlement I eventually get.

Outrageous !!!!!

Well, in all probability he's one of those 4x4 drivers who think they are invincible in the ice and snow and given good karma he will end upside down in a ditch!

Let me know if I can help

Cheers - I was thinking of giving you a buzz once I'd heard something. I'll be bringing the CLK down at some point too :thumb:

Cannot believe it
Had few incidents,while passing through flood some idiot next to me ramming through like a thunder- wave he made moved my car :-0 S class
Where is the imagination?Going through fast what make any good.Water will flood the engine bay and car will stall- simple.
If it is too deep don't cross
Airmatic really helped with raised position and Hight vision saviour against fallen trees in the distance
Hopefully this nightmare will end shortly,preferred snow "crisis" better

Latest news from yesterday lunchtime...

Garage called to say that the engine had taken in water, so would need new engine, ECU (which was showing no signs of life either) and minimum carpets inside the car. Considering it's a '57 E280, they are reckoning on a total loss, but final decision lies with Aviva.

Printed off a few ads from Autotrader confirming that it'll be about £8.5k to replace with something similar (in fact, that's at +10% higher mileage, non-full leather). It'll be interesting to see what they come back with, etc.

Remember now why I liked the company car scheme - not having to deal with garages, repairers, insurers, instant like-for-like replacement car, etc - but hey ho...

Find the most expensive examples that you can to bolster your negotiations.

When Churchill wrote off my E320CDI they initially offered me around £3000, I came back with examples of cars at around £7000 and we eventually settled on £5400 which was fair.

Good luck to you, the hassle is a nightmare and I don't envy you.

Now here is a sad sight

Attachments

• For sale one careful ownr.jpg
    For sale one careful ownr.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 117
Ouch.........sorry to hear this, hope you have a painless encounter with the insurance now, all because some d1cks cannot drive or are just too inconsiderate to care.

THIS MORNING i had to drive in a flood about 3-4 inch deep. A car came towards me and was in the dry area, i stayed in the middle, and he crept forward so he was ft away from water, i drove at him head on, and swerved last second. He stopped then lol. If he accelerated even the slightest, i would have hit him. It was a maximum of 6inches between me and him.

Sorry to hear this. Some people are just a waste. Hope he broke down too on his journey

THIS MORNING i had to drive in a flood about 3-4 inch deep. A car came towards me and was in the dry area, i stayed in the middle, and he crept forward so he was ft away from water, i drove at him head on, and swerved last second. He stopped then lol. If he accelerated even the slightest, i would have hit him. It was a maximum of 6inches between me and him.

And that was clever because? :confused:

THIS MORNING i had to drive in a flood about 3-4 inch deep.

Good job your car didn't stall in the water, you would have had to swim for it! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom