From C43 to either C63 or E63.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That’s fine. I hadn’t any plans in mind for these or the C63S set so they’re not going anywhere.
Perfect. Please kindly message me once you are able to do so. Happy holidays

Perfect. Please kindly message me once you are able to do so. Happy holidays
Will do. Have a good Christmas. Hopefully we’ll get a boring year in 2021!

Interesting - the winter tyres I picked up (on the same rims) are 285 at the back, which matches the summer tyres I took off. Looks like my rears may have been over-specified.
Interesting - the winter tyres I picked up (on the same rims) are 285 at the back, which matches the summer tyres I took off. Looks like my rears may have been over-specified.
AMGeed is right on the OEM winter set up at 255 all round. The standard 19” (summer wheel/tyre) is a 19x10” rear (I think) and runs the 285. This wheel is the same design as the 9.5” used for the factory winter spec. Therefore, if you have a 285 rear with a winter tyre I guess it depends on what rear wheel rim width you have with it.

I think I need to check this. I have 285’s on my 911 (10” rim) and they look quite big for the rim, whereas the 285 on the E63 looks really stretched- I’d be amazed if a 255 would go on there. If you asked me to guess the E63 rim width I’d put it at 11.5” from how a 285 sits.

I think I need to check this. I have 285’s on my 911 (10” rim) and they look quite big for the rim, whereas the 285 on the E63 looks really stretched- I’d be amazed if a 255 would go on there. If you asked me to guess the E63 rim width I’d put it at 11.5” from how a 285 sits.
The 255 winter 19" on the CLS63S/E63 W212 drops the rear rim size to 9.5" if you buy the complete wheel/tyre package. I don't think either car would take a 255 on the standard 10" rear or wider, as the rears are pretty stretched on the 9.5 " rim with the 255. but I'm no tyre fitting expert. If you're fitting a winter to the standard (summer) width wheel I assume you'll need to use the same width winter tyre as the summer tyre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom