From Munich to Affalterbach.............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue Moon

Car
AMG C55, Fiat Ducato
Hi AMG people

I have a nice E46 M3 SMG, nav, roof, red leather, mem seats, CSL wheels, etc, but we also have THE worst roads, so the ride is uncomfortable. So thinking of moving to a performance Mercedes, likely an E63.

OK, its a bit bigger than an M3, but similar style spec albeit quicker and thirstier, but the main attraction is the adjustable suspension (OK, and the sound :cool:) so it could be made bearable on our Island roads, but I can still tighten it up when I'm in the mood, or on North Island ;)

Just missed out on C_200k's old E63 recently, and also a couple of others on here apparently, but for those who know, what are your thoughts on this Mercedes-Benz E Class E63K 4dr Tip Auto 6.2

I'm not paranoid about mileage, but practical enough to know that bills may be bigger and more frequent with a higher mileage so swings and roundabouts. The thoughts and tips of those who know of the E63 appreciated :thumb:

Thanks for all your views, it is appreciated :rolleyes:

Does anyone who has viewed know where you can get any owners views or advice about purchasing an E63 like the one above :dk:

The E63 you're looking at looks tidy enough for it's age but for me it's just too high a mileage, that must be why it appears cheap.

The 6.2l N/A engine, especially the early engine numbers, can suffer from oil and water usage apparently and there's also the possibility of camshaft and lifter wear too, a common mod is to fit the M157 (SLS) cams and lifters to sort this.

If you could up your budget, I'd thoroughly recommend a C63, it would be more like your M3 in size but a much better sound and with a simple remap, around 520 BHP on tap too, just no adjustable suspension.

Tempting at the price though !!

What happened with my old one?

That looks ok but mileage would put me off.

What happened with my old one?

I made 2 offers, the second one was accepted, but I was gazumped in the afternoon by someone on site with the money :mad: So the dealer didn't know what he'd got, and the buyer doesn't know what he's bought..................

I do appreciate your call and advice though :thumb:

Had my 2007 E63 estate now for 7 months now with no issues. My advice would be, be patient and find the one for you with the spec, mileage & history that you feel comfortable with. Its certainly the best all round car I have had. The front discs and pads are expensive as are the suspension struts. Just bought a service kit from Mercedes & have to say compared with BMW & Audi its far cheaper. I did 2x 100 mile round trips last week & returned 24mpg. Love it
CJ.

I made 2 offers, the second one was accepted, but I was gazumped in the afternoon by someone on site with the money :mad: So the dealer didn't know what he'd got, and the buyer doesn't know what he's bought..................

I do appreciate your call and advice though :thumb:

Thats a shame, Oh well thats how some dealers do business.

I'm sure you'll find another good one :thumb:

Having spoken to a few people and also Jack in Horndean, thinking maybe a C55 might be the way to go. Do they ride as hard as an M3 E46 which is one of the main reasons for switching to an AMG Mercedes. Thanks in advance :thumb:

Pretty rare car and not many C55's for sale at any time. Good luck with that idea anyway.
Have you given the supercharged version of the 55 engine any thought?

It's a great engine and the torque is amazing. If you had ideas on a E63 originally, how about the E55 or CLS55 to give you something else to think about.

I've not driven a C55, but know what you mean about the crunching hard suspension of the M3. I couldn't live with one on a daily basis.

The W203 C55 is a good car but I'd never consider one at their price point; I'd rather buy a mint W211 E55; circa 360bhp vs circa 480bhp is a no-brainer.

M cars are sports cars and need commitment to have fun whereas AMGs are just more sophisticated hot rods and are always fun, ridiculous power in a normal car with chassis tweaks to help handle it.

I would like to get an E63 one day (read 5 years time!) to replace my W210 E320CDI.

Best bit I like is the 7 seats! (and the 6.2 litre V8 engine too....)

Well, I've arrived in Affalterbach........................

Deposit paid on 2005 55 plate C55 :bannana:

Very nice, ive only had my C55 since Feb, love it. Feels bloody rapid to me lol, but that's coming from a 2.2 diesel Civic and Type R's before that.

Id love an E55, but its just too dam big, really don't need a car that big, and there is more to go wrong with them.

Post up some pictures! whats the spec, colour, mileage, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom