• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

My new to me 'runabout'

Oh.. Interesting. My friend has a 68 plate E63s estate and I don't think his has the OPF, certainly sounds like it doesn't! I think that must be around the time they introduced it. My mate's car has the slightly older steering wheel so perhaps his is just before the cutoff
Yeah, the red one I looked at was a March ‘18 car with the older wheel and no OPF. This one is an October ‘18 car I think.

Congratulations 🎊 🥰😍👍

Did you look into the size of your fuel tank? Is there anyway how one could easily check for the size, any advice welcomed. I want one 🙂
All it says is ‘Fuel tank with large volume, volume 1’….not sure if that’s a 70 or 80 litre tank?

Congrats:banana:
Was the Hyacinth car the one at Kings Langley that been up for sale for months on end.?
I'll be interested to hear how it compares to the C63s which is a cracking car.
The extra performance, AWD and more space should make the E63 a winner.

Congrats:banana:
Was the Hyacinth car the one at Kings Langley that been up for sale for months on end.?
I'll be interested to hear how it compares to the C63s which is a cracking car.
The extra performance, AWD and more space should make the E63 a winner.
Yes that’s right, at Tier One Automotive. Beautiful car but just not the one for me. Got a great offer for my car from Alex there too (£2k more than what I eventually accepted).

Just to whet your appetite for the car you are getting this week.
Watch the bonnet rise from a standing start at 4 .45:banana:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just wondering - the car currently has P-Zeroes, I know they’re not the best, but are they really really bad? (In these temperatures in particular).

I plan on swapping for PS4S’s when I can but given the prices of them at the moment, I’m going to have to live with the Pirelli’s for a few months!

I had P Zero's on my 212 E63 and wasn't impressed.
They should be better on your 213 as its AWD and has an LSD.

Stunning car congratulations 🎊 love to hear the comparison from the C63S
The F-type is a stunning car but not for me so its going 🙂

Just wondering - the car currently has P-Zeroes, I know they’re not the best, but are they really really bad? (In these temperatures in particular).

I plan on swapping for PS4S’s when I can but given the prices of them at the moment, I’m going to have to live with the Pirelli’s for a few months!
Pzero is just Pirelli’s name for a sporting tyre and they vary significantly in their design, materials and construction and so cover a very broad range of tyres over a long span of time.

Generally though they tend to be auited to a warmer and drier climate, and compared to tyres from other manufacturers don’t get into their operating window so easily in cold wet weather like we have in the UK.

Generally the PS4S has a very broad operating window and hence the reputation it enjoys as it’s easier to switch in, and stay switched on than tyres from other manufacturers, Pirelli PZero included.

My suggestion would be to leave all preconceptions behind because if you go in expecting them to be bad, then they will be - humans are wired to prove themselves right, it’s just the way we are.

Personally I’d invest in a set of winter tyres too, as in winter 4matic will help you build speed all year round, but all high performamce summer tyres will constrain your ability to lose that speed and steer.

Pzero is just Pirelli’s name for a sporting tyre and they vary significantly in their design, materials and construction and so cover a very broad range of tyres over a long span of time.

Generally though they tend to be auited to a warmer and drier climate, and compared to tyres from other manufacturers don’t get into their operating window so easily in cold wet weather like we have in the UK.

Generally the PS4S has a very broad operating window and hence the reputation it enjoys as it’s easier to switch in, and stay switched on than tyres from other manufacturers, Pirelli PZero included.

My suggestion would be to leave all preconceptions behind because if you go in expecting them to be bad, then they will be - humans are wired to prove themselves right, it’s just the way we are.

Personally I’d invest in a set of winter tyres too, as in winter 4matic will help you build speed all year round, but all high performamce summer tyres will constrain your ability to lose that speed and steer.
Don't get me wrong, i've had P-Zeroes on other (lesser powered) cars before and never really had an issue. I also know that all tyres need to be bought up to their operating temperature before giving optimum performance. I suppose my concern is that i've spent the last 3.5 years getting very comfortable with PS4S's on the C63, they're very predictable and confidence inspiring - so a change was always going to be a bit of an unknown.

That being said, the E63 is a totally different car, so i'll need to learn the nuances all over again anyway :) I'll do a bit of research into just what they're operating range is though, just so as not to get caught out. I know the Michelins only really start working at +7C so that's my benchmark.

I know that winter tyres would help, but if i'm honest, this car is going to be used much less than the C63 was, at least in the Winter months, if for no other reason than to avoid road salt (and also to keep it in better condition overall!).

.....and other Muppets sliding into it I would recommend.

Looks lovely, but black....🥴

Ohhh, that looks fantastic, love those seats & if it was a wagon it would suit my every need - one of these will be my next car - my E63 can be a handful to say the least on my daily B road commute - great when the roads are dry but this time of year I do have my fair share of sketchy moments - does make it entertaining :cool:

Ohhh, that looks fantastic, love those seats & if it was a wagon it would suit my every need - one of these will be my next car - my E63 can be a handful to say the least on my daily B road commute - great when the roads are dry but this time of year I do have my fair share of sketchy moments - does make it entertaining :cool:
The seats were important for me, I have the same ones in my C63 and I love them. However, the first E63 I tried had the comfort seats and I was seriously impressed with those too. I'd have bought this car no matter what seats were fitted at this stage...

Don't mind the odd sketchy moment, reminds me i'm still alive, provided it doesn't take me 'straight to the scene' if you know what i'm saying :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom