FSE power boost vlave

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aroppi

Car
W202 C280, E46 320i
hi all!!!
i'm having a C280 1994 and i've got a FSE power boost valve. wanna try but i don't know how much "bar" i need to set for this stuff.
i know the original fuel pressure regulator was set at 3.8 bar max. and it will drop 0.5 bar at idling.
so...
i should set the FSE at 3.3 bar or any idea?
thanks a lot!!!

you need to know the idle fuel pressure - ie exactly 0.5 bar - and set the new one to the same amount.

If your FSE doesnt have a gauge - GET ONE!

The FSE will ramp the fuelling quicker - most of the time it isnt needed unless you have made serious engine mods

Mark

OIC!!! thanks!!!
my C280 has a K&N (drop-in) air filter and a Sebring exhaust. i think it's just a mild-tuned one. in such a case, the FSE may not have so much effect?

Ah!! one more thing, the instruction of the FSE said fuelling will be 1.7 times quicker. what does it means?

The 1.7 times refers to the rate that it increases the fuel pressure.

Basically it increases the fuel pressure with load faster than the std regulator. This can make the car "appear" more responsive - but in truth it doesnt make too much difference on a std engine.

In a high performance/modified vehicle then you can increase the base (starting) fuel pressure so it delivers more fuel accross the range to power your mods!

HTH

Mark

Thanks a lot Mark!!!
compare the std one and the FSE, the main difference is the adjustable function. since the engine of my C280 is not in heavy mod...
so i think in my case i should stick onto my std fuel pressure regulator. correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom