• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Fuse 8 keeps blowing

coupefan

Car
clk200 Kompressor 2004 W209 M271
CLK 200 Kompressor w209
Hi all once again and thanks for any advice. One day out of the blue my central locking would not work at all with the remote and I could not open the car. I used the "secret" key :-) and it all works from the inside. Driving along and the radio will not pick up it's usual stations. (Antenna amplifier?) On checking all the fuses, fuse 8, in the boot (for the alarm?) keeps blowing as soon as I put a new one in (7.5amps).
Has anyone else had this issue and what would be your advice as to what to do?
I cannot understand as to why this would suddenly happen, dry conditions...the only clue ...the boot wouldn't open one day...and now I can't seem to lock it even with the little key...Can I lock it from inside the car? I have read that it could be the alarm siren?...I never even have heard this working previously...is there a way to easily disconnect that without a ramp, cause I don't have one. :-(. What else could be causing this annoying problem. Central locking is quite important and surely should have it's own fuse? Many thanks all, great forum

Dunno, but on the W203 Fuse 8 in the boot-mounted fuse box it is commonly the alarm siren, due to its rubbish location in the rear of the front n/s wheel arch, shorting to earth when it corrodes with the same symptoms, linked with radio malfunctions. Fuse 8 seems to be 'miscellaneous' as it powers the central locking receiver amp, so the key works near the door but not at a distance.

If it is that, you will need to get the front n/s in the air with a jack and stands or similar, get the wheel off and take off all the wheelarch trims and then it is obvious on my car, right behind the wheel. I just unplugged it and tied off the wire and behold! The fuse stopped blowing.

On my 211 which sufferes from a similar complaint, it was a leaky drain pipe dribbling onto the alarm 'tow away' sensor in the o/s boot area.

all done....disconnected the alarm siren...pig of a job to get the fender shroud off...but no more blowing fuses. Thanks all :-)

On my 211 which sufferes from a similar complaint, it was a leaky drain pipe dribbling onto the alarm 'tow away' sensor in the o/s boot area.
Yes, I suspect it was a similar issue here. There is a drain pipe that drips down onto the alarm siren. The siren rusts causing a short. Now if anyone from Mercedes would like to offer me a new replacement car....please email me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom