Getting Navi enabled on dash cluster.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Locky

Car
E220 cdi
Well I went down to Tony Purslows today to get my Dash cluster enabled for my comand retro fit.
I printed out the procedures for it from this site and handed them over to the service manager. They were a little confused at first as they had my down for a Garmin sat nav programming?!?.
After being there for half an hour the service manager came over and said that they will need about 2 hours to enable the dash cluster as comand is configured for a left hand drive car, all the coding is wrong and the steering wheel controls also aren't working correctly.
A bit shocked at having to pay for 2 and a half hours labour I told them to finish up where they are and I will pay for there time. The service manager went off to tell the mechanic.
As I was sitting there I wondered why it would matter that my comand unit is from a left hand drive, and also that my steering wheel controls work fine to my knowlege. So I went back over and asked if they can just enable the cluster and see what happens. The service guy said 'oh yes he has the heads up display working' ?!? what happened here? why did they want another 2 hours to work on the car?

I'm confused

They also had the door seal recall which has been done before. But I thought it can't hurt to waxoil the seals again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom