GLE paint correction and IGL Ecocoat Kenzo ceramic coating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for the link. Did you fit it yourself? I took a quick look under the bonnet and it does not look like a quick and easy job!
Yes, with a helping hand from my Son. It took around 4-5 hours start to finish, but it's like everything else, once you know how it's done you can find easier ways and shave some time off the job. The hardest part was splitting the bumper from the wing, it was a heart in mouth experience as you pull it from the clips trying not to damage anything.

I could write a more detailed post if you are interested.

Yes, with a helping hand from my Son. It took around 4-5 hours start to finish, but it's like everything else, once you know how it's done you can find easier ways and shave some time off the job. The hardest part was splitting the bumper from the wing, it was a heart in mouth experience as you pull it from the clips trying not to damage anything.

I could write a more detailed post if you are interested.

Thanks Romeo but "splitting the bumper from the wing" sounds so "exciting" that if I should go for it I'll get my retired bodywork guru to help or do it!

Thanks Romeo but "splitting the bumper from the wing" sounds so "exciting" that if I should go for it I'll get my retired bodywork guru to help or do it!

No problem, but I'm sure this will be of help. I went into it blind and when it didn't come apart too easy, I wish I had this info to help troubleshoot.
The retaining clip with the star (most fwd clip) was the biggest pain and needed to be pressed with a thin tool otherwise it would have split the retaining hole.

y5Tmyaol.jpg

No problem, but I'm sure this will be of help. I went into it blind and when it didn't come apart too easy, I wish I had this info to help troubleshoot.
The retaining clip with the star (most fwd clip) was the biggest pain and needed to be pressed with a thin tool otherwise it would have split the retaining hole.

y5Tmyaol.jpg
Thanks for the pic, good of you to take the trouble. Would you please give me some orientation - is this the offside bumper face that meets the wing? I checked youtube and there are some videos on the subject. Curiously one of them shows it being very simple without removing the bumper
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
but others show your method.

Thanks for the pic, good of you to take the trouble. Would you please give me some orientation - is this the offside bumper face that meets the wing? I checked youtube and there are some videos on the subject. Curiously one of them shows it being very simple without removing the bumper, but others show your method.
Sorry, yes that picture is the Offside where it meets the wing.

I wish it was as easy as in that video, but unfortunately it isn't. When I had the bumper off, I did think that if I was to do it again I may be able to do it without removing the bumper, but the clips that held the grille in were way too tight/secure to be able to manage without damage. Bear in mind these would need to be done by putting your hand/arm through the removed star. Then there was the front facing camera to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom