Goodwood track day: 14/12/13

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would of been tempted although a bit late in the year and I am away.

Thanks anyway.

Anyone else booked into this piston head track day, since 'The Don' raised the venue, been pondering to going, already there on the Charity day on 29th/11 with a few of the MB forum members, and this event since been sitting there prodding me, should I, should I not, so anyone one else going??? need to make my mind up, but be good to have some company.

Anyone else here book onto this event, wondering if I will have any other Mercedes company?????:dk:

Would love to join you and test my new pump but I'm babysitting this Saturday :eek:

AMG - YouTube

Just a very brief vid that someone took of me ay GW today, shame none of you 'ole' boys could make it to keep me company on track:doh:.

This said, very greasy circuit today, possible the worst I have experienced there, had a big moment myself at one stage, had to come into the pits a breath a sigh of relief to being undamaged, body wise and car wise!;) then went out and did a couple of more sessions:D

Catch up with you guys soon

ricky s said:
AMG - YouTube Just a very brief vid that someone took of me ay GW today, shame none of you 'ole' boys could make it to keep me company on track:doh:. This said, very greasy circuit today, possible the worst I have experienced there, had a big moment myself at one stage, had to come into the pits a breath a sigh of relief to being undamaged, body wise and car wise!;) then went out and did a couple of more sessions:D Catch up with you guys soon

Glad you and the car came back in one piece! Shame the conditions weren't better for you. Sounded good on the flyby though.

Have a great christmas and new year Ricky and if i don't see you at a meet I will definitely see you on a track in 14.

cheers,

Justin

Glad you and the car came back in one piece! Shame the conditions weren't better for you. Sounded good on the flyby though.

Have a great christmas and new year Ricky and if i don't see you at a meet I will definitely see you on a track in 14.

cheers,

Justin

Justin had already promised wifey that no more TD's this year after the Eve Appeal day we were on, but in last fortnight had 2 family/friends go down with big C issue's, that news arriving same day within 10 minutes of each other, rather brought me down, and thought just go out and do what you want to do, so I booked this day at very last minute.
It was a good day out, but none of you guys were there as I would normally have, so missed you all really. My big moment was on my favourite bit of track, Lavant to Woodcote, went up the hill, past the LH kink, got on the gas, trying to evade the attentions of a fast M3, 100-110 car went sideways, I thought this is the big one, thought I was sure to go off, remember I was more concerned to looking where the M3 was in case I collected him in my travel's, not sure how it came back, but it did, crawled back to the pits to reshape for the next sessions, bar that adrenalin pumping moment, it was a good day out, and learnt a lot from pushing on the greasy circuit, so all in all fun day out mate:thumb: When we at the Eve Appeal, I got through 1 1/2 tank of fuel in 6 sessions, today I did 5 sessions, and got through 1/2 tank, if recession returns we need to pray for rain when we book a track day!!!:D Just could not get on the gas, no traction, so fuel saved, cheap day out!:D

Look forward to hopefully a few of us getting out mate, look forward to it.

All the best Justin:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom