Got my engine bay steam cleaned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I understand what your saying and its a lottery pointing a pressure washer in there but a open hosepipe or just a bucket of water is very unlikely to ever cause it a problem.

There must be a plenty of scope for road spray and rain to affect the electrics which is rarely an issue so I have no problem hosing down my engine bay.

I have never been brave enough to wash my engine bay (probably unjust paranoia) but have lots of IPA left over from another task.

I wonder if that, in a spray bottle, and agitated with a brush would be effective at shifting dirt whilst fairly safe?

I will probably end up using my low pressure hose and a good degreaser.

Nice improvement - im guessing it was a deep down and dirty clean with all the engine casings and parts housings etc all cleaned up?

Ive done it plenty of times with wd40 (cheap alternative brand ) &old sock/t shirt / clothes that are going to be thrown away and Ive even loosened up the dirt with some oil or just plain used a pack of baby wipes to do it. Does take a while to do though. Tooth brush helps too - just dont forget to throw it away afterwards :p

Any tips on polishing my CLK350 ECU? It looks dull surrounded by the shiny air box and cover?

Polishing? Any pictures of the offending dullness?

Here it is. I know I can scrub it but it looks like it would polish up nicely but I'm worried about the electronics...static build up and all that.
ECU (864 x 1152).jpg

Last edited:
Paint it silver?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom