Guess what I bought today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FastLady

Car
C200 Coupé / Caterham 7 Roadsport
... a McLaren SLR! :D

Before you all leap off your chairs and drop your Xmas pud, I'd best mention that sadly it IS only 1:18 scale ;) .... but the place I bought it from was not only open on Xmas day (in Brussels) but had a genuine 1:1 scale version in the basement! :cool:

I have loads of pics of the SLR (and a Maybach, which I'd never even seen 'in the metal' before) which I will be putting up when I get back - but that just totally made my day, what a perfect Xmas pressie for a petrolhead to see those cars today :D :D :D

FastLady
(yes I'm sad to be posting on Xmas day but worth it I think!)

Got me excited then for a minute, thought we had another car to take along to the German GTG!

My old man got a 1:18 scale Porsche GT with working lights and remote control :)

Hope your having a good time in Brussels!! :)

Maff said:
Got me excited then for a minute, thought we had another car to take along to the German GTG!
I wish!!! :D It's a beautiful looking car and from everything I've heard goes as well as it looks, and if only I could find a spare few hundred grand from somewhere I'd love one! :bannana:

Interestingly that dealership seems to have all the top of the range cars from the MB range plus (sadly for my wallet!) quite possibly every single 1:18 and 1:43 scale model Mercedes that has ever been made too (including the race cars). They had quite a few AMG versions of all the range (1:1 scale!!) and a couple of SLKs and SLs in the basement along with the SLR and the Maybach. There was also a beautiful vintage Mercedes next to the window too (earlier than the Gullwing SL300) but I'm not really very knowledgeable about that period in MB history so I couldn't tell you what it was I'm afraid! :(

The gods must have been smiling on me when I picked my hotel to stay in too - it's right next door to the place! Must go and have another ogle tomorrow :D :D :D

Brussels is great - loads to see and do (I won't be able to see it all in just a few days) and as for the food, well I'm off for a four course cordon bleu Christmas meal right now - and not a Turkey or even a Brussels Sprout in sight! ;)

Attachments

• _MG_2974-copy.jpg
    _MG_2974-copy.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 145
I got one for crimbo too - been racing around the hall with it :D

I can see a new owners club cropping up out of this thread :D The missus bought me a me metal die cast remote control one from Marks and sparks :D

Merry Christmas :)

BTW I also found out what the lovely vintage Mercedes was that they had in the window - a 1937 W142 cabriolet :) with a 6 cylinder, 3.4 litre engine.

Very nice it was too, in fantastic condition for its age, dark blue and with lots of chrome and leather trimmings - capable of about 80mph as well, which in those days was pretty fast I guess!

(And yes I was sad enough to go back for another look!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom