has anyone got a lathe they don't want?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy_k

MB Enthusiast
Car
Alfa GTV 3.0
as the header says I'm looking for a small to medium sized lathe.

If anybody has one sitting in the corner of their garage/shed etc and would like to turn it into cash then let me know.

Obviously I'm a cheapskate so I'm looking at spending under £200 :)

Andy

Andy, sorry to be a little negative here but for £200 I think you are going to be very lucky. A Myford Super 7 usually goes at about £750 :crazy: What is it that you are intending to turn? I may be able to help you with a friend of mine.

I know i'm cutting it fine Ian but there's a few around at this kind of price as long as I stay away from the name Myford :)

I'm going to have a look at one tomorrow which comes in well underprice and should do just nicely assuming everything works like it's meant to.

The lathe is just a bit of a hobby and I've got some stuff I want to make for a model I've been working on.

Thanks for the offer of your friends assistance but I've got one of the world's top ornamental wood turners living just around the corner - it was him who set me off playing with lathes again and resurrected an old interest.

Andy

My neighbour has a small lathe in his garage that I know he wants to sell, as we jointly bought a bigger one for the dune buggy project.
Will find out what and how much it is later today.

Cheers Grav - keep me posted

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom