Having a nightmare - help please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Witchcraft ? Good luck.

very possibly, we just had a loud rumbling of thunder and a very very heavy rain shower - this time the alarm went off!! not the horn, and stopped as soon as I hit the button, but still...going away Monday for a week leaving the MB behind i'm almost scared too!!

I doubt it would be the horn itself.
Your original problem was the horn sounding, but it can't power itself. It should be powered by a relay triggered from the steering wheel.
Sounds to me as its a relay problem or worse the horn contact within the steering wheel, maybe even the wiring to the wheel itself.

Hi , many years ago my dad had a Ford Zodiac MK4.

In the middle of the night the car horn just went off , car had not been used for a few day.No clever electrics then but the horn just cycled , on and off until the battery went flat.

Non of this computer rubbish to check a fault that in some cases they are stretched to find.

Problem was the earth had failed.

Hi , many years ago my dad had a Ford Zodiac MK4.

In the middle of the night the car horn just went off , car had not been used for a few day.No clever electrics then but the horn just cycled , on and off until the battery went flat.

Non of this computer rubbish to check a fault that in some cases they are stretched to find.

Problem was the earth had failed.
In the early days the earth contact was grounded by horn button on the steering wheel. Not sure it uses the same procedure on modern vehicles.

bit of an update - loving the car! Had the wheels refurbished and put back to silver, I just didn't like the smokey black colour. I was also told by 3 different garages not to worry about the codes the icarsoft threw up ref. 02 sensor, I ignored that and changed it for a Bosch one, no discernable difference but worth it for £75 and codes gone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom