Help for my best mate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL350_SWINDON

Car
SL350 2003
I guys, I hope someone can help.

My mate has a ford focus and the clutch pedal has now just gone all the way down and now does nothing.

He's checked the fluid and it's empty. He said about a week ago he noticed a hissing noise when he pressed the pedal - I'm guessing a fluid leak??

Can anyone help him - he's in Bristol area.

Thanks

Going dry on the clutch fluids can be a problem on the Focus, he might have to bleed the hydraulics system which can be a pain in the @ss. However the hissing noise might possibly be a malfunction of the clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder which is a problem (quite a big one(if its not a ruptured line in the pipes somewhere that is))

I would recommend bleeding the clutch hydraulics after putting more fluids in it. Get a friend and Press clutch down to floor and hold, have your friend loosen the line at the slave cylinder, or clutch actuator under the car enough that fluid squirts out. Have him tighten the line back up. Release the clutch and press back to the floor again. Have your friend repeat the process as before. (loosen to let fluid squirt out, then tighten back up) Release the pedal. Repeat this process untill there are no air pockets left in the line. NOTE: if your clutch pedal fails to return to the top, simply pop it back up with your hand/foot, wait a few seconds, then depress to floor again for another bleeding.

If this makes no sense, take it to a mechanic for a proper diagnosis and repair.

Mark :)

Last edited:
Thanks so much Mark.

Just don't want him getting ripped off. It could be a write off depending on repair cost. I hope it's not too bad for him as he has a young family. 1 year old baby daughter.

Could be a master cylinder, oldish car so plenty of parts around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom