Help understanding this e63 ( w212 pre facelift but facelift bits)

damurphster

Car
BMW 550i touring, on the hunt for C63 estate
I'm still on my quest for a w212 with a 6.2 but this 5.5 has caught my eye.

Can anyone confirm if preface lift car with the 5.5 would have hydraulic steering or not? I assume it will do?

I like the idea of a simpler 6.2 na and hydraulic steering etc but they don't pop up very often so getting bored waiting!

st13phil

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
Can anyone confirm if preface lift car with the 5.5 would have hydraulic steering or not? I assume it will do?
All the 212-series Biturbo E63's have electric power steering.

Personally, having owned two E63 Biturbo's (one pre-facelift and one facelift), I wouldn't make a decision whether to purchase or not on what type of power steering system the car uses. The steering feel is great on the electric ones, and I had no reliability issues either.

The car in your link is a very good spec and with an unusual (and desirable) light interior. Don't pass it up just because of a prejudice over the type of steering power assistance.

Last edited:
Reactions: HB

Nickster

Car
Hopefully E63!
I had seen this one and was interested but the "no expense spared " bit didn't ring true with the MOT history, esp. re. Brake pipes. Lovely car though.

Cyclone1

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W218 CLS63 AMG
60k miles 2012 M157 then ask if there is anything in the cars history to show if it’s had any work done regarding the cam timing chains.

D

Deleted member 149005

2012 model with 5+ owners, last since 2016???

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
If an AMG vehicle has its service history all in place, and certain components replaced at the recommended intervals, and drives and sounds spot on, on a test drive/viewing, number of owners wouldn't be a factor to me. These cars do change owners much more frequently than a say so called less performance vehicle.

jukie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MY11 E350 CDi Avantgarde
I think it looks fab and have been keeping an eye on it for a while. It's been on for a number of weeks now. Definitely need to know if the timing chain has been replaced. Plenty of info about that on here.

jukie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MY11 E350 CDi Avantgarde
I'm still on my quest for a w212 with a 6.2 but this 5.5 has caught my eye.

I like the idea of a simpler 6.2 na and hydraulic steering etc but they don't pop up very often so getting bored waiting!

This one's also a 5.5 but is in Bristol: Black E63 5.5 Bi-Turbo

AMV

Car
E350 C207 / W124 190E / BMW Soon
Absolutely weapon of a car!

Shame about the owners as others have said...but its not always bad. It sometimes limits potential buyers when you choose to move on!

Smart320

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mini Cooper, Toyota RAV4 3dr , SLK55amg ( gone )
When I bought my SLK it was 7 years old and from memory had had 4 previous owners but only done 18000 miles. Bought from a MB dealer who had serviced it for the last two owners, looks like new , drives like new and currently has still only done 24 k miles. Has been serviced by MB every year so if I were to sell it now and buyers were put off by the number of previous owners they would be missing out on a great car , I buy on condition and service history unless the car has changed hands a couple of times in a very short period

OP
OP
D

damurphster

Car
BMW 550i touring, on the hunt for C63 estate

jukie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MY11 E350 CDi Avantgarde
Looks like it has them from the pics?

I think it's hard to tell whether it's got the massage function or not from the pic.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
2014 E63 Biturbo
The registration shown on the E63 estate photos is now on a BMW, so can't check the options unless anyone has the Vin#

Cyclone1

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W218 CLS63 AMG
Ring the seller and ask the questions you have. If it all appears good then go and view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom