Hey Folks, a new...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrMaus

Car
300 GD
...member just saying hello..!..any unsolved mysteries about the G-Wagen..?..please ask, I happen to know some of the key people behind the vehicle personally...btw, got quite a stock of parts, new and used,. Wbut cannot post in the classified section, What priviliges are required to place an ad there..? Thx..frank

Hello and welcome Frank

30 posts...god almighty...what do you wanna know..?..thx Sarah..

Well, it starts with...

Once upon a time... 🤣

Oh, I see...once upon a time there was a man called Rezah Pahlevi, who had a beautiful wife and a strong army...

Oh, I see...once upon a time there was a man called Rezah Pahlevi, who had a beautiful wife and a strong army...
..that needed to be strengthened with a light and capable 4x4 vehicle.....

....he got the guys in Stuttgart to develop a vehicle to meet the needs of his generals...
...since their experience with light 4x4´s dated back some time and they were rather busy with other stuff, they got the engineers from Steyr in Graz to help in the development of the vehicle....

...since their experience with light 4x4´s dated back some time and they were rather busy with other stuff, they got the engineers from Steyr in Graz to help in the development of the vehicle....
...they started the project late 1976/early 1977 and it took a good 24 months to have a vehicle ready for mass production...

...they started the project late 1976/early 1977 and it took a good 24 months to have a vehicle ready for mass production...
..Reza Pahlevi had envisaged an order of 20.000 vehicles, a number that enticed Stuttagrt to lookm at the project in the first place...

..Reza Pahlevi had envisaged an order of 20.000 vehicles, a number that enticed Stuttagrt to lookm at the project in the first place...
in 1979, when the vehicle was ready, the Shah was overthroen by the Ayatollahs and they no longer saw a need for 20000 light 4x4 trucks for their army...

in 1979, when the vehicle was ready, the Shah was overthroen by the Ayatollahs and they no longer saw a need for 20000 light 4x4 trucks for their army...
..what now..?..a good bit of money had been spent on the project and the only customer was no longer there...

30 posts...god almighty...what do you wanna know..?..thx Sarah..

But note from the 'How to use the classified section'...

...Please do not 'Spam' the forum with messages just to get around this restriction, doing so may result in posting rights being removed.. :thumb:

Hey, remove the posting rights please..am not interested in that nonsense..was just picking up on ur suggestion...grrr...

Reactions: 219
This is taking the P out of the basic 30 post rule which is only in place to prevent for sale posts & then for new members to vanish.

I was quite enjoying the potted history of the G wagon development :cool:

And whats wrong w that..?..a win win situation for everyone., no..?..

Errr no because it wastes my precious time having to read crap.

No offence intended old boy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom