Hi! New guy who needs some advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikenobleuk

Car
Mercedes C-Class Coupe '15
Firstly hello all!

I have been a member here for a while but never actually used a forum before & this is my first post. Unfortunately it's not a positive one & I'd love to get your opinion on this... Apologies as it's a long story but I'll try to keep it brief.

I took delivery of my brand new C Coupe 220 AMG back in March this year & instantly had a number of faults on it being, sat nav not working, FM & DAB radio not working & the vehicle pulling hard to the left all from the day I picked it up. I actually reported all of the issues over the phone whilst driving home from the dealership... 21 days & many complaints later the vehicle went in for repair. 5 repair attempts later for the pulling dangerously to the left I officially rejected the vehicle which was replaced & I collected my second C Coupe 220 AMG in July.

Since collecting this second vehicle I have again encountered multiple faults all reported within 30 days of collecting which were the sat nav not working {again}, a faulty key that would only lock the car, not unlock it & the main issue for me which is a very noticeable dashboard rattle. This is currently in with Mercedes for the 4th attempt of repair & I am growing increasing impatient which the whole process to the point I feel like I just want to walk away from the whole thing!

I have seen information regarding a new law which was introduced on 1st October this year to protect people when buying new vehicles, can anybody advise me if I am within my rights to reject this vehicle also requesting a full/partial refund due to a very annoying dashboard rattle which has had 4 attempts at fixing?

To this date I have spent more time driving loan cars rather than the car I am actually paying for each month.

Thanks all for reading & thanks for having me!

Mike

Mike

This is a shocker and my heart goes out to you here. I would write to the dealer principle and detail each point where the car is failing along with each attempt at repair. Tell them that unless the car is fixed to your satisfaction by (insert your own date) you will be rejecting the car and will look for a full financial refund that puts you back where you were prior to purchase and any costs that you incurred as a result of these faults (petrol etc).

I am not sure that you have any other legal option? Others will be along who know better.

Good luck and please keep us updated.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your response! I have contacted the dealer this morning & submitted my formal rejection so will see where I get to. I cant help but feel its going to be another lengthy drawn out process though :(

I'll let you know how I get on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom