Hopefully a new c63 owner... soon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmmm other than fuel what running costs are there that’s unlike othet cars?

I have a van for work and the car will cover less than 50miles a week on average.

Mostly want to get rid of the small, old feeling, harsh ride quality audi TT for something a bit more practical sized and comfortable with the added power plant of an engine?
As an example nearly £2k for a set of brake discs and pads. I suggest, if you haven't already done so, that you check servicing costs as AMG cars are not cheap to run. That being said they are great cars.

Just my two cents.

I've been looking for a C63 Saloon FL for a few months and in that time i've gone to main and private dealerships and private individuals.

Main dealer experience has been better outside of London much more willing to earn you business as opposed to main dealers in the south.

Private dealers seem to be ragged to shit and wanting for similar prices as per main dealer.

Private sellers were a mixed bunch, i had found a few enthusiasts but i couldn't get over with handing the best part of 25-30k and not having much come back should any issues arise.

In the end i purchased from MB main dealer mainly for the warranty and service pack. I didn't get all the options i wanted but i am happy with what i've got.

I too also wanted HK however after being in both cars and actually finding my ideal spec i gave up as it was really hindering my search and the difference was negligible

One thing to note is that as others have mentioned a lot of these cars have been owned by individuals who lets just say couldn't give a shit. Condition / servicing may have been skimped on and tyre choice been been put on a back foot...

I have still been keeping an eye on the market and i've seen two great cars appear albeit one that you have posted and also another Estate with PP+. The estate with PP+ looks to be advertised with a very reputable private dealer so that might help :)

Good luck with the search.

it may also be possible to haggle slightly with a merc dealer and get the price knocked down a notch. i would hope that they want to avoid keeping hold of cars that are 5 + years old. worth a few calls... as per usual, accident damage history , service history,.warranty, test drive and full visual inspection always help

in terms of unhelpful comments , well congrats , seems like you're looking to swap your hairdresser car for a very antisocial hooligan one .

As an example nearly £2k for a set of brake discs and pads. I suggest, if you haven't already done so, that you check servicing costs as AMG cars are not cheap to run. That being said they are great cars.

I thought that was more price range towards the performance pack as the brakes are uprated?

From what I can see euro carparts for the full lot would be sub £1000?

My local indie mechanic is very reasonably priced and I understand sell on value is increased with a full Mercedes service history but me personally I take my cars to him....

I buy the oil and filter for my current car and get charged £20 labour, works well for me and its still serviced minus a bodge job “detail” from a Mercedes garage haha

it may also be possible to haggle slightly with a merc dealer and get the price knocked down a notch. i would hope that they want to avoid keeping hold of cars that are 5 + years old. worth a few calls... as per usual, accident damage history , service history,.warranty, test drive and full visual inspection always help

in terms of unhelpful comments , well congrats , seems like you're looking to swap your hairdresser car for a very antisocial hooligan one .

Viewing one from lookers which I’ve had top notch dealings with in the past.

Car looks brill on the videos but I’ll need it brought down before I make any commitments.

Paha yes the hairdresser car will be happily sent on its way! Although the vr6 3.2 engine and exhaust note was amazing I have always preferred the amg power plant

Viewing one from lookers which I’ve had top notch dealings with in the past.

Car looks brill on the videos but I’ll need it brought down before I make any commitments.

Paha yes the hairdresser car will be happily sent on its way! Although the vr6 3.2 engine and exhaust note was amazing I have always preferred the amg power plant

Let us know how it goes once you see it. the 6.2l is a special engine and the facelift body kit on the c63 is special too

Car is getting brought down to my local lookers so can’t wait!!

Has 3 service records from Mercedes:

2014 - engine oil & filter

2015 - engine oil & filter & brake fluid

2016 - air filter/ rear axle oil change & transmission oil and filter & engine oil and filter

Obviously missing 2017 and 2018 so I’m wondering if its been serviced at an independent or more so hoping.

I’m happy its had the transmission oil and filter done which is a biggie.

When is the major service due?? Car is 2013 reg and 46k miles.

Its due a plug change now and if its not been serviced since 2016 it needs a major service now.

Every 12months or 10k(?) miles. Certainly every 12months.

Spot on thats a good link thanks!

So its due spark plugs now then with it being around 46k miles.

Obviously an oil change and filter every year so I’m hoping to see some proof of this when I go view it.

On the history its had 2014 A service interval, then 2015 B service interval and last on record 2016 A service again.

Needs the spark plugs doing as apparently its every 4 years or at 46500k miles.

You need to find out from Lookers if the car has been serviced outside of the dealership since 2016 as MB only show a service record up to this date.
Maybe they have invoices with the paperwork?
If not, its well overdue.

DAMNNN!! What a car and thats just from sitting in it revving it!

Looks great as well.

They need to sort out a few chips here and there and a little dent/chip on the roof. Also they’re sorting the alloys out. Not a massive fan of the black alloys and diamond cut lip so getting them to powder coat them black completely instead.

Waiting for the paperwork from Audi lookers so hopefully that will confirm whether its had the last 2 years services and major service and they say if not they will sort it out.

Hopefully get it at the weekend.

Damn its like thunder! Only ever really heard the c63 from videos but revving the car and seeing it shake reminds me of that scene in fast and the furious with the muscle car!

Wait until you get it in Sport+ mode, brake hard so the downshift goes down 2 or 3 gears and then stand on the loud pedal and accelerate away again..............all in the course of science of course, and with the window down a bit :thumb:

It's addictive :)

I can imagine !!

Got to scratch the itch for a bit longer now as it needs a major service and all the pads and discs doing first! Glad they are doing it as it save me some ££££.

I dont know if youve completed on the deal, but a iridium silver estate with PP+ has popped up with a massive spec.....

Its advertised with MB Epsom.

If the colour was different i would of jumped.

Mercedes-Benz | Used Car Locator

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom