Hopefully a new c63 owner... soon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cheers for that, although the estates are nice i think the only estate I would get is a RS6 but they are way over budget!

Paying around £24500 for the c63 im getting and to be fair with them sorting the complete brakes out and a major service I’m saving a lot of money. Lookers seem to be looking after me excuse the pun.

Just glad I get to hang onto my TT for another week, with it being quattro as the snow has landed and I cannot imagine how bad a rear wheel drive... automatic... 450+ bhp car will be in the snow.

What are the go to brand that are recommended for the c63?

Goodyear asy 3s were well recommended on the TT forum and I’ve noticed the MPS 3s keep cropping up on here?

Had avon’s on my TT (255/35/19) at first which were good then switched to goodyears and to be honest found the avons better.

I found it odd how the c63 has narrower tyres at the front like. Saving money on tyres as well since the c63 I’m getting has 18s instead of 19s

Michelin PS4'S are getting some good press on here and the AMG Private Lounge forums. I'll be fitting a set of 4 in late April when the weather brightens...............hopefully :)

Goodyear say 3 for me (19s)

Hi Neil

How are you getting on with the Goodyear Assymetric 3s? My new car has Continentals, which I’m not a fan off (always find them very noisy) and I’m thinking of going Goodyear Assymetric 3 or Dunlop Sport Maxx for noise , wet grip and extra sidewall rim protection. My alloys rims are unmarked and I’d like to keep them that way , both of the above seam to protrude nicely over the rim. I had Uniroyal Rainsport on the last C63 and they were pretty sure footed but a bit noisy.

Andy

Hi Neil

How are you getting on with the Goodyear Assymetric 3s? My new car has Continentals, which I’m not a fan off (always find them very noisy) and I’m thinking of going Goodyear Assymetric 3 or Dunlop Sport Maxx for noise , wet grip and extra sidewall rim protection. My alloys rims are unmarked and I’d like to keep them that way , both of the above seam to protrude nicely over the rim. I had Uniroyal Rainsport on the last C63 and they were pretty sure footed but a bit noisy.

Andy
I had yokohama's on before, the goodyear are much better, quieter, longer wearing, better on fuel, much better grip in wet and dry so much that even though I don't have quaiffe or similar I don't notice now and they have reasonable rim protection. Cant say any more

God speaking of tyres I finally picked up me car Thursday just gone!! My god what a beautiful beast.

BUT tyres on it seem to be pure ditch finders. “Sunny” branded tyres at the front and “jinyu” tyres at the rear. On a performance car why would you toy with death haha

Thinking goodyear asy 3s myself as I’ve had them before. Had avons before as well and found them fine but it was on a quattro and not a rear wheel monster.

Is there a “ultimate” tyre thread yet for peoples recommendations as well as reviews?

God speaking of tyres I finally picked up me car Thursday just gone!! My god what a beautiful beast.

BUT tyres on it seem to be pure ditch finders. “Sunny” branded tyres at the front and “jinyu” tyres at the rear. On a performance car why would you toy with death haha

Thinking goodyear asy 3s myself as I’ve had them before. Had avons before as well and found them fine but it was on a quattro and not a rear wheel monster.

Is there a “ultimate” tyre thread yet for peoples recommendations as well as reviews?

There is quite a lot about tyres on here but I don’t think there is one definitive thread. I think Goodyear Assymetric 3 will be my next choice. :)

goodyear asymmetrical 3 for me, very impressed with them

I ran Goodyear F1s on various cars, from the old v tread through Asymmetric 1, 2 and 3. I didn't feel like 3 was better than 2.

Then I tried the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 and whilst I still think the F1 is good, the PS4 is better. Now I have PS4S and they're similar but slightly sharper in the dry. I'd say they're worth the premium over the F1.

I ran Goodyear F1s on various cars, from the old v tread through Asymmetric 1, 2 and 3. I didn't feel like 3 was better than 2.

Then I tried the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 and whilst I still think the F1 is good, the PS4 is better. Now I have PS4S and they're similar but slightly sharper in the dry. I'd say they're worth the premium over the F1.

Interesting comparisons. How did you find the noise levels on the PS4S compared to the Goodyear?

Goodyear are probably slightly quieter, hard to tell as my last car was a Z4 that was less refined.

When I got my C63 it was on Yokohama Advans and they sucked in the wet with only moderately good dry performance. What's worse is the Yokos also wear out more quickly than the Michelins.

Goodyear are probably slightly quieter, hard to tell as my last car was a Z4 that was less refined.

When I got my C63 it was on Yokohama Advans and they sucked in the wet with only moderately good dry performance. What's worse is the Yokos also wear out more quickly than the Michelins.

Agree with all of that

Has anyone bought cheaper less so premium tyres and been pleased with them?? Had avons and was impressed.

Not going to bother will mid range for the c63 and its a toss between goodyear asy 3 and mps 3s.

I've never bought mid range tyres but I've inherited a few as I've bought cars. They're alright but I always choose something better as soon as they're finished as I've never been happy with them. For example Falken, Yokohama, Bridgestone, Toyo. All OK but I'd rather spend the extra as tyres can make or break the full enjoyment of a car.

I think the worst tyres I’ve notice were continental, ok grip but for me they felt very hard and heavy.

I think the worst tyres I’ve notice were continental, ok grip but for me they felt very hard and heavy.

I second that, and tyre wear is crazy. I remember having a service on my car that had conti 5ps on them. 6k miles in and remaining tread of only around 4 - 4.5mm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom