• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

how do you take off the propshaft shield?

Olivier

MB Enthusiast
Car
E300 TD
I have looked under the car as I need to see what going on with the prop/ donuts/ uni joint but there is a shiel hidding it, and it look like its screwed from the inside of the car, this could not be right, could it? I don't want to start to take the carpet out to move the shield...
What is the easiiest way to take it out?
Cheers.
Olivier

I have looked under the car as I need to see what going on with the prop/ donuts/ uni joint but there is a shiel hidding it, and it look like its screwed from the inside of the car, this could not be right, could it? I don't want to start to take the carpet out to move the shield...
What is the easiiest way to take it out?
Cheers.
Olivier

8mm bolts from underneath?

Hi Nick,
No, there is only the shaft (?) of the bolt, no head, it look like its been bolted from inside, this is where I am a wee puzzled?
cheers.

are all the bolts the same?
could the head have sheared off?
Is the shield loose and rattling / thumping - is that why you are investigating the propshaft in the 1st place.

sorry for so many questions - any chance of a pic? sorry thats another question :doh:

Got them. Thank you nick.They were 8mm bolt/washer attached together. Hard to see as they were rusty.
Inverting as I got a clunk underneath and don''t know what it would be.
Sorry, no pictures. Its pretty hard to be under two tons of steel on the side of the road...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom