How many AMG GTC coupe in U.K.?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keV.

Car
Amarok
Considering a GTC coupe but not many for sale.

How many are there in the UK?

Mercedes Exeter have a car that would be perfect if not for cream leather and carpets.

This will help. (Barely any is the simple answer). Note the graph shows how sales slow after the initial launch of a new model.

The good news is that GT’s are sold for a lot less than new price.

The bad news is that not many were actually sold at that alleged new price. Especially for the top spec versions.

Which is good news for anyone prepared to engage and negotiate.

Last edited:
Considering a GTC coupe but not many for sale.

How many are there in the UK?

Mercedes Exeter have a car that would be perfect if not for cream leather and carpets.
As suggested, there really weren’t very many at all. This is because in the UK buyers in this part of the market prefer track versions even though most won’t go on track much if at all.

So despite pricing being very similar, most UK buyers bought the GT R even though the GT C was developed to be optimised for fast road driving, and the GT R was tweaked for track driving.

Are you looking for a Coupe or Roadster?

Great choice of car Kev.
As mentioned already, when browsing the sites for the last 6 months or so, it doesn’t look like all that many coupès were delivered in the UK, most owners opted for the Roadster instead.

FWIW, cream leather sounds perfect to me.

Last edited:
As suggested, there really weren’t very many at all. This is because in the UK buyers in this part of the market prefer track versions even though most won’t go on track much if at all.

So despite pricing being very similar, most UK buyers bought the GT R even though the GT C was developed to be optimised for fast road driving, and the GT R was tweaked for track driving.

Are you looking for a Coupe or Roadster?

I want a coupe.

I wasn’t really aware of GTC coupes until recently.

The wider arches look great
Great choice of car Kev.
As mentioned already, when browsing the sites for the last 6 months or so, it doesn’t look like all that many coupès were delivered in the UK, most owners opted for the Roadster instead.

FWIW, cream leather sounds perfect to me.

I appreciate not everyone likes dark interiors.

The cream wouldnt be so bad if it wasn’t for all the cream carpet.

Looking at vantage too, due to lack of GTC.

Both cars seem good value atm.

This will help. (Barely any is the simple answer). Note the graph shows how sales slow after the initial launch of a new model.

The good news is that GT’s are sold for a lot less than new price.

The bad news is that not many were actually sold at that alleged new price. Especially for the top spec versions.

Which is good news for anyone prepared to engage and negotiate.

There is a 2017 that I really like on AT atm, but the price is crazy.

Ive not even bothered opening negotiations

I want a coupe.

Have you had a test drive yet?

Would it help if you put black mats into it?

Might seem silly / obvious, but mats do take the edge off a “marginal” colour.

The AMG mats in the GT are awful and the cabin would benefit hugely from a set of high quality black velour carpet mats.

I want a coupe.

Agreed, the wider arches do look great vs GT and GTs.
Due to the lines of the soft top, I believe the arches on the GTc roadster look like they stand out even further, but in many ways a couple could be the better option, provided you can find one in the spec you want.

If cream carpets aren't for you, they aren't for you, that's all that counts.

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with.

Due to the lines of the soft top, I believe the arches on the GTc roadster look like they stand out even further,
They look huge on this one:

full

Have you had a test drive yet?
No.
I have tried a Gts. Really liked it and would happily have one with the right spec. Prefer the GTC though.

The carpets are behind the seats too.
it’s a sea of cream.
Shame as the spec is perfect for me apart from that.
Don’t want the sofa seats.
Agreed, the wider arches do look great vs GT and GTs.
Due to the lines of the soft top, I believe the arches on the GTc roadster look like they stand out even further, but in many ways a couple could be the better option, provided you can find one in the spec you want.

If cream carpets aren't for you, they aren't for you, that's all that counts.

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with.

Cabrio is not for me.

Ive had a couple in the past.

I’ve got mates who wouldn’t have anything but and see the attraction.

No.
I have tried a Gts. Really liked it and would happily have one with the right spec. Prefer the GTC though.
The GT and GT S are great cars, but the GT C and GT R are worth seeking out.

The Exeter car is very very keenly priced. The Warwick car is too but I assume that’s the car with the seats you’re not keen on?

I bought a SLK 55 from MB Exeter , cream leather and carpets as well , loved it . But I’m and oldie and so I hate the all black coffin look that most Mercs have 😂, it an age thing

The Exeter car would be perfect if it had a black interior. It’s too Liberace for me 😊

I don’t understand why anyone would spec the comfort seats in a GTC.

The edition 50 is really nice but way too expensive imo.

The Exeter car would be perfect if it had a black interior. It’s too Liberace for me 😊

For comfort: People with larger frames and/or back issues can typically tend to find the sports seats a little uncomfortable as they’re narrow and can be a bit bum-down in attitude even in the flattest setting. The comfort seats are much broader.

Everyone is different though, and sone find them comfier. A good reason for an extended test drive in cars with both types of seat. If you’re going to drive it a lot - over long distances then strongly consider the Comfort seats. If it will be a high-day and holiday car go for the lookers 👍🏻

The

For an Edition 50 it’s fair value. They attract a premium over the standard. The Exeter car is a great price though.

For an Edition 50 it’s fair value. They attract a premium over the standard. The Exeter car is a great price though.

You know better than me.

Too few cars on the market for me to have any idea on pricing.

It seems expensive compared to similar/rival cars the way prices are dropping (correcting) now.

Even the roof lining is cream in the Exeter car 😣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom