• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

How much are 17" AMGs worth?

janner

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Turbo Technics
I've been offered a set of genuine AMG wheels. 17" x 7.5 et35. Look a bit like these.
100736_200_1.jpg

They are not perfect by any means with some kerbing but nothing major.
The chap wants £300. Good deal or not?

Non-staggered?

No tyres or poor tyres, I'd knock him down some more.

Good tyres, then budget a steep refurb of £50 per wheel and you have a mint set with tyres for £500 all in so spot on good deal IMO.

If its just the lips tthat need refurbing then its not a bad price. I normally sell those wheels in mint conditon for around the £500 mark on ebay.

If its just the lips you need refurbished, just have them polished.

Agreed - what are the tyres like? Don't forget that for £300 + the cost of the refurb, they won't be an 'average' set, but an 'as new' set once done.

If the tyres are good then it's a good price IMO :)

Will

Wheels are not staggered and the tyres are shot. Maybe not such a good deal then.

1000 posts mate !!

Bid him down on them !!

I've just bought a set 9J rear 8J front 18" with reasonable tyres for £500. One wheel needed refurb, £47, now on the car and they certainly look good. I am surprised how may people have commented on them. But as others have said, knock him down a bit, refurb the wheels, new tyres, the dogs danglies:D

Geoff2 said:
I've just bought a set 9J rear 8J front 18" with reasonable tyres for £500. One wheel needed refurb, £47, now on the car and they certainly look good. I am surprised how may people have commented on them. But as others have said, knock him down a bit, refurb the wheels, new tyres, the dogs danglies:D

Hi Geoff!

No pics up yet of the new wheels? Those wheels look best on the W210 Estate anyway far better than on the saloon - so you will get a lot of comments!

rgds
Was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom