• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

How much is tyre fitting where you live?

Great tyres....they came out really well in this comparison test......!!!....NOT!

Tire wear: 15%

Noise generation: 5%

Driving comfort: 10%

Breaking properties on wet roads: 15%

Grip on wet roads: 15%

Grip on dry roads: 15%

Fuel consumption: 10%

Breaking properties on dry roads: 15% :)

I had both front tyres removed and the rims cleaned and sealed on the bead edges for £30.00

I had both front tyres removed and the rims cleaned and sealed on the bead edges for £30.00

I just paid £20 to have the same done for one tyre.

What about repairs? I had a blow out on the M4 the other day and the guy who came replaced the tyre on the hard shoulder told me he thought the original was repairable. I was relieved because the tyre was quite an expensive Bridgestone with plenty of tread. Philips in Oxford said yes they could repair it and charged me £19.50 and did it in ten minutes. I'm not sure but this seems pretty good service to me. The painful bit was paying the tyre response guy £220 to fit a budget tyre on the hard shoulder. Obviously I want to put to put the Bridgestone back but what to do with the other crappy one?

I'm guessing he meant a puncture.

In the past, I paid £25 for puncture repair.
By blow out I meant rapid deflation puncture. Tyre deflated completely in about 30 secs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom