How much is tyre fitting where you live?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TTManUK

Car
C63 AMG
As above, how much are you paying your fitters? I got a puncture on my daily, I took the tyre and wheel loose to a tyre fitters and they want £25 a wheel, so £100 just to fit a new set! They are not big wheels and didnt require any care, I had done most of the labour myself! I must be getting old, it doesnt seem that long ago you could get them fitted for a tenner a corner cash. Is 25 a corner the going rate now? Feels like a rip off to me!

£10 a corner at my local

£25 a corner is pretty much trying to get you to purchase the tyre from themselves. Just find elsewhere who don't mind

If they charge me then my preferred tyre fitter charges me £10 per corner to change an tyre (without purchasing a tyre), although they very rarely charge me. That includes storage of the tyres fhey remove too.

Like many things, it’s worth building a relationship with a tyre fitter and giving them your business, even if they aren’t the cheapest every time. I would say it works out better value overall most of the time.

Ditto ^

I recently had a new set fitted to my SL55 by my local village garage without charge. We have a good relationship 😉

Surely if they fit your tyre and then balance it, then dispose of your old one, they will charge minimum of £15 ?

Local tyre shop changed my winter to summer tyres, wrapped & installed them in car plus checked/adjusted tyre pressures.....free (& refused my offering a "drink" )*

Nothing.....but then I do have this at work...! I do have to pay to balance them though if required....waste of time balancing caravan wheels....so we don't have the tool.
IMG_20230503_091140_copy_1560x2080.jpg

Seems I am on the expensive side as suspected then - I've only recently moved to the area, so not had a chance to build up any relationship, and both places I went, which were independant places rather than the likes of National or Kwik Fit, were in the same ball park - 23/25.

I do think tyre places charge high money to do this job as they want you to purchase their tyres so they can make profit on the tyres.

However i have noticed most tyre places just sell junk. My local place only sells budgets you cannot even get a midrange there 😱

Exactly, I dont want to be palmed off with the shit brands they have partnered with, especially the small pokey outfits

I think part of my problem is I have moved to an area of Somerset which is full of affluent old(er) people who are easily parted with their money and don't know whats a fair price. When I was working on an industrial estate in Portsmouth funny enough I didnt have this problem

Exactly, I dont want to be palmed off with the shit brands they have partnered with, especially the small pokey outfits

I think part of my problem is I have moved to an area of Somerset which is full of affluent old(er) people who are easily parted with their money and don't know whats a fair price. When I was working on an industrial estate in Portsmouth funny enough I didnt have this problem
My local tyre place have a deal with Divanti and when you go you get the

These are just as good as ##insert brand##. Just as good as ##insert brand##

🤣🤣

Aye okay if you say so 🤣

Again, reliant on people who don't know any better, which is the majority it seems. They can keep their Linglongs, not for me!

Had replaced a punctured tyre for £20 at my local garage but because I take all my car there for couple of years now.

Youd be surprised, we always try and sell/fit Bridgestone, Michelin, continental, but 2 local suppliers we deal with never have anything interesting in stock, but hundreds of yinglee brand.

I think a lot of budget tyre places are marking these cheapo tyres up by 50% or more.

Youd be surprised, we always try and sell/fit Bridgestone, Michelin, continental, but 2 local suppliers we deal with never have anything interesting in stock, but hundreds of yinglee brand.

I think a lot of budget tyre places are marking these cheapo tyres up by 50% or more.

Went yesterday to a local tyre fitter. They had around 20 different brands of tyres, I only recognised one (Michelin), the rest were all brands that I've never heard of before (and I consider myself to be a tyre aficionado).

I found 2 tyres today, w169 size.

£27+ vat each. The logistics must have cost more than the tyre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom