How much would a C180K depreciate over time?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tg2007

Am looking at a C180K Evo Panoramic Sports Edition, 40k miles approx, year 2003.

Wondering - how much do you reckon it will depreciate every year (roughly speaking)?

Assume yearly servicing and full care of the car.

Very much a weekend toy so driven 2k miles/yr. Mkt value £9k approx.

Thanks!
icon_smile.gif

A wild stab in the dark, I'd say ~20% year on year.

Welcome.

For what purpose is this 'toy'?
If it's to have a 'blast in' or even just to have a good drive with enough performance for decent overtaking, then you may be disappointed with the 03 C180 performance which is a wheezy 140bhp approx(the facelift C180 was upped to approx 160bhp) and may require an 03 C230 or a facelift C200('04 on), both of which had similar performance at I think 193 & 186bhp respectively. (these figures are all approximate from memory!)
If you want something really sporty, you may need another smaller model such as an SLK 230/280 (or bigger) or another marque ...

Have a look in Glass' guide or similar re depreciation

Only 2,000 miles per annum will make little difference, so why not look online for cars 1 and 2 years older with 40-50k miles?

You would need to soften the price a touch perhaps, as residuals may weaken a little as the CLC becomes more popular.

Regardless of specific model, try to stretch yourself to buy a facelifted model (its got clear headlamp glass). Started about mid 2004. A better made car all round and well worth the extra cash.

Its the first 3 years when depreciation is the worse. They don't lose a fixed percentage each year either, it varies.

Regardless of specific model, try to stretch yourself to buy a facelifted model (its got clear headlamp glass). Started about mid 2004. A better made car all round and well worth the extra cash.

Thats a rather fleeting statement.
Do you have grounds for this or is it just because. Are we talking South African build pre facelifts or what??

I would advise a facelift simply because they look less dated both inside & out (lights & dash respectively) plus the ride is supposed to be a bit better with the 'direct drive' changes to the steering & gearbox(manual though).
(But then I have a pre-facelift & am happy with it, although have facelifted it somewhat... :))

I'd also echo the above and advise the facelift model as I think the minor exterior and interior tweaks make a huge huge difference and make it feel much more modern.

Facelifted car is also galvanised. Having seen some 203s with bad rust the later facelifted car would win hands down purely on this regard, and thats before the numerous improvements.

Thats a rather fleeting statement.
Do you have grounds for this or is it just because. Are we talking South African build pre facelifts or what??

My car is a facelift and it was made in .................South Africa......:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom