How rare is my paint colour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mine is paint code 572, so none of the reds on this chart are a match, it is darker than amandine for sure.

I wouldn’t worry too much about stating in your advert how rare the colour is, because I suspect that is unlikely to be the deciding factor for someone buying your car. The colour (not rarity) and condition will very likely be a deciding factor though, so let the photos do the talking.

Nonetheless, posting about your car and advert on MBClub will have increased exposure to your advert amongst a group of potential buyers. Given you have owned for a long time it’s a shame you didn’t post about your car sooner. Good luck with your sale, it’s a good looking car.

Once you start looking Ruby red cars do pop up. Charles ironside has a Ruby red S124 for sale at the moment.

I wouldn’t worry too much about stating in your advert how rare the colour is, because I suspect that is unlikely to be the deciding factor for someone buying your car. The colour (not rarity) and condition will very likely be a deciding factor though, so let the photos do the talking.

Nonetheless, posting about your car and advert on MBClub will have increased exposure to your advert amongst a group of potential buyers. Given you have owned for a long time it’s a shame you didn’t post about your car sooner. Good luck with your sale, it’s a good looking car.
Yes you are probably right, I may mention it to anybody who contacts me about the car but I suspect I will leave the advert as-is. Thanks

I would describe it as being 'uncommon', rather than 'rare'. Why? Rarity is a common trope for used car dealers, as is FULLY LOADED, FULL DEALER SERVICE HISTORY, etc

I would describe it as being 'uncommon', rather than 'rare'. Why? Rarity is a common trope for used car dealers, as is FULLY LOADED, FULL DEALER SERVICE HISTORY, etc
I'm happy I didn't use any of those terms in my Ad then 😉 I'm also hopeful that anybody reading it will be able to see that this is a private sale.

Well yes, but the ethos of your thread is in how to best highlight the features of your 129 as a benefit. Therefore, there is an element of marketing involved.

My post was just to add nuance to what may or may not be authentic sounding, by virtue of accidentally using the flashbangwallop language of dealers.

Hopefully the suggestion is helpful, as this is all that is intended.

The bottom half of that paint chart is missing:

image_a986deea3a7446210bfb14aa966c8e400ea02708.png

Well yes, but the ethos of your thread is in how to best highlight the features of your 129 as a benefit. Therefore, there is an element of marketing involved.

My post was just to add nuance to what may or may not be authentic sounding, by virtue of accidentally using the flashbangwallop language of dealers.

Hopefully the suggestion is helpful, as this is all that is intended.
Yes absolutely, thanks very much for the guidance, I took your advice 🙂

None of these colours comes close the additional road side breakdown assistance Sprinter mobile workshop we are building.
Based upon the Isuzu look alike medium duty truck seen in this video, it can be painted easily with rattle cans for the colour blotches and blown over with clearcoat . Truck appears at the start & again at about 1,8 minutes into the video......
Different eh?
Tuercas Viejas

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rare paint?, this reminded me of an MR2 Turbo I once owned. It was painted at the factory in pearlescent white. The only one in the world painted in that colour apparently..

The bottom half of that paint chart is missing:

image_a986deea3a7446210bfb14aa966c8e400ea02708.png
What a fabulous range of colours! RIP decent colour choices on new cars :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom