how to clean seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrtidy

Car
E200 auto saloon
i,ve got a 1998 W210 E200 which has the cloth seating which are a light cream colour(not sure of the colour name)which are starting to look a bit grubby, any one have any idea of the best way to clean them?any help would be appreciated.

I have the same problem with cleaning the seats.
I have found that whenever I want to spot clean always ended up cleaning the whole seat because it does leave water stain marks.
I did use turtle wax upholstery cleaner once and then start using plain water afterward as I find plain water does not leave any colour change.
Hope this is helpful.

David.

I just removed the rear seat-very easily!-then power washed it with detergent,then again with no detergent and left it to dry FLAT in the sun(took a good days sun)-the front seats I did the same-but are a little more tricky to remove(remember to disconnet wiring loom)-bag as much as you can of the electrics-and don't over do it with the power washer!!!.;) sorted out several pee stains and spilt milk!-woes of having young children!

303 Fabric Products

An excellent product is 303 Fabric Cleaner, you can then give the seats a coating of 303 Fabric Guard, this product is amazing at protecting. I did a cloth seated Honda with this combination 4 years ago and muck still just dusts or wipes off.

You can get it in the U.K. but also from my friends at Autopia Car Care in the USA.

http://www.303products.com/

I also use 303 Fabric Cleaner in our house on carpets etc.

I have never had that much luck in cleaning MB cloth seats as the marks often came back.

I found in the end it was best to do what Fallen Angel did and take the squab out. I went one stage further and removed the top cover and then washed the foam as the dirt seemed to come back from this.

That worked well, but a bit of work

I just removed the rear seat-very easily!-then power washed it with detergent,then again with no detergent and left it to dry FLAT in the sun(took a good days sun)-the front seats I did the same-but are a little more tricky to remove(remember to disconnet wiring loom)-bag as much as you can of the electrics-and don't over do it with the power washer!!!.;) sorted out several pee stains and spilt milk!-woes of having young children!

Pelvic floor and a good bra should sort that out. :eek:

Runs for cover :D

Try using Auto-Glymn interior shampoo. Spray on and remove with a damp cloth.

I took my seat cover off too and gave it a good wash with washing powder.

I didn't put the whole thing in the machine though as it makes the fibreboard egding strip go soggy and fall apart.

Fiddly job but came up a treat.

I used to use a foam spray foam from Halfords. You just sprayed it on and left the foam until it soaked in then wiped away with a clean cloth. Can't for the life of me remember who made it but it always worked well and did carpets too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom