How to remove the Audio 20 Mercedes B Class W245

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, I think I have blown my radios 10amp fuse on the rear when getting a jump start, the radio is dead and its main fuse in the fusebox is ok.
I found this guide and was hopeful but all the photos have gone showing how to remove the radio - and links to any guides much appreciated - is there any way of removing the top airvents without a special tool ?

I've collected / compiled these over the last few years - should be useful, I hope.
You can improvise removal hooks using a wire hanger, I suppose, but I just bought the real thing - not too expensive direct from MB, and have utilised these so many times already (at least four different mods in my instrument cluster alone).

Attachments

• W169 Audio20 Removal v2.pdf
    462.8 KB · Views: 3
  • W169 Audio20 Removal v3.pdf
    903.6 KB · Views: 4
  • W169 Audio 20 Removal v1 small.pdf
    151.2 KB · Views: 3
much appreciated GLK might be something to do while under house arrest

I have read somewhere about a radio reset using the fuses - do you think this is worth a try or not as its dead - completely no life at all

Last edited:
Glad to help :)
Not sure about your radio - what year is your car, and which head unit is it - Audio 20, COMAND, Audio 50 (if facelift), Audio 5 (single DIN)?
Can't see any harm removing and replacing the main fuse, although I doubt this will reset the unit (might be wrong).
FWIW, I did remove my old Audio 20 (NTG2, pre-facelift) once or twice (to retrofit AUX input), before I got rid of it completely and replaced it with a model-specific Android unit - never looked back:

31251851967_d4f2ab0f30_o.jpg

Before I put the old Audio 20 on eBay, I requested a code from Mercedes, so the new owner can fit it trouble-free, and got an official reply that, this was never factory coded (can't say whether that was true for all of the same model of Audio 20, or just my particular car, etc).

Before I put the old Audio 20 on eBay, I requested a code from Mercedes, so the new owner can fit it trouble-free, and got an official reply that, this was never factory coded (can't say whether that was true for all of the same model of Audio 20, or just my particular car, etc).
I have removed several Audio 20's and retrofitted several NTG2.5 to several W169. I have never come across an Audio 20 of this vintage that is factory coded (not even sure there is an option for this on the Audio 20 tbh). While I am aware that there is an option to security code the NTG2.5 (as I can see the security coding in my Xentry in developer mode), I have yet to come across a factory coded NTG2.5 of this vintage.

Reactions: GLK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom