How Wide on C class?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lowvento

Hi there

Need a little help with some professional opinions here...

Currently own a c class brabus, it has the 18inch brabus rims, 8.5 x 18 all round.

What i'm doing with the car is its going to be wearing bilstein coilovers soon and i'm looking for the euro look for it, with deep dish split rims, wider on the back, and stretched tyres.

Does any one know how wide i can go on the ronts and rear arches of the class, the rears look like 9's will fit easy, 10's if i dont go too low with the ride height... and the front will probably squeeze 9's.

Thats from just eye view, no measurement taken yet, so what can i fit under there, keeping in mind the tyres will be stretched allowing better arch clearance. All information appreciated.

thanks ;)

Lowvento said:
Hi there

Need a little help with some professional opinions here...

Currently own a c class brabus, it has the 18inch brabus rims, 8.5 x 18 all round.

What i'm doing with the car is its going to be wearing bilstein coilovers soon and i'm looking for the euro look for it, with deep dish split rims, wider on the back, and stretched tyres.

Does any one know how wide i can go on the ronts and rear arches of the class, the rears look like 9's will fit easy, 10's if i dont go too low with the ride height... and the front will probably squeeze 9's.

Thats from just eye view, no measurement taken yet, so what can i fit under there, keeping in mind the tyres will be stretched allowing better arch clearance. All information appreciated.

thanks ;)

Not sure what you mean by "the tyres will be stretched"? Is this a show car, or will you be driving it too? 9" fronts sound terribly wide!

It will look like a show car, bit i don't think i'll be showing it, its just how i like my cars to look. Stretched rubber is where they stretch a slightly smaller tyre size on to reduce the side wall.

9" sounds wide? it has 8.5s on it now and still looks like there is some room to play with ..

I think you must already have the front arches rolled if you have 8.5's on the front.

Someone will comment on this soon, or if you search you will find some info - been discussed a fair amount before.

Stangley enough this old classified thread goes on to discuss tyre sizes and what you can get away with on a regualr w202

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/search.php?searchid=205776

Obviously we don't knpw what modifications Brbaus have made to your car. What model is it?

For the others, tyre stretching is a Euro/German styling trend. They go for small wheels wide wheels and then stretch a tyre which is too narrow over it, giving a rediculously low profile! Looks terrible IMO!

I saw loads when I was at German MB GTG in 2003. I have a few pics but they don't illustrate it very well, but you might get the idea, look how the tyres stretch away from the rim of the wheel...(sorry about quality, camera was rubbish then!)

Picture%20130.jpg

Picture%2027.jpg

Picture%2029.jpg

Picture%2085.jpg

hey graham love the pics mate.. you got a link to more of them pics from that show..

All i know is it has a big brabus lump, its a c class, not had a chance to look at everything in detail yet, as i had a couple of other cars when i bought it, and also had a slipped disk in my spine, so never got round to it.. all is well now, and back in the ring soon, just business is a little busy too now ..

I pulled out the time to clean it yesterday, using meguairs clay, followed by meguairs paste, then meguairs gold class, and finished off with f1 williams carnuba wax. I'll have to get some pictures up, and have a look at the paperwork properly .. just finding the time ..

You wouldn't believe this but i've had it almost a year, be a year next month, and i must have only covered about 3,000 miles.. thats how much time i've had since i bought it..

i'll get round to it, before i take it off the road for some serious work..

The comment about the arches, i think brabus have cut them, sealed, smoothed and painted them, as there is no inner lip on them, and they are as smooth under neath as they are on top. It also has the very slight gold flick in the dark green paintwork.. shows nice in the sun.

Is that a merc option or brabus? I saw a blue c class brabus identical to mine in Miiddlesex, and that also had this gold flick in its paint.

Thanks for them pics Graham made me all :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom