Impact Wrench - Adaptors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tunnie

Car
Not a Merc, yet!
Anyone else tried these?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This guy is about 4 years behind the curve . I have exactly those bits, picked them up cheap in the USA ...because they are cheap $hit. They are OK for a bit of car DIY . I didnt bother watching the whole video but you have to be carefull using a DIY home battery drill as an impact gun as you could shatter its puny gear set. Then these 'adapters' will turn out to be expensive.

A battery drill with a hammer function is not expecting full resistance (the drillbit turns and sinks into the medium that is being drilled) and will end up damaged.

If you do enough 'spannering' on yout cars to warrant needing hammer tools buy a cheap (Sealy , etc) 3/8th drive impact wrench - as I have - and do it properly.

Agreed - cheap tools lead to bruised knuckles, extreme bad language or worse.
That said, you don't necessarily need Kamasa, Facom, etc. My Halfords 'Professional' socket/spanner set has lasted a good number of years and still looks and performs very well.

Halford Professional are excellent tools along with draper expert.Great for home mechanic

I would however kit out with Snap-on MAC tools if using on a full time basis(it's just the feel of them)

I had my middling spec Draper socket set for 40 years....since I was 16 and got my first bike......only thing that failed is the ratchet after about 30 years!!! Tools don't need to be expensive .....just NOT cheap!!

I have been using the original Halfords ratchet spanners at work for decades , just as they started stoocking them . at that time Halfords were also Facom stockists . I prefer the Halfords 'professional' ratchet as it has less moving parts because they do not have a reverse switch , you have to flip the whole thing over , down side it the spanner is dead flat , not alays conveinent.

I have never had one fail in in over 25 years of working in an often wet enviroment.

1702313515530.png They were novel back then , but everyone is doing them now , I also have gearless versions and gearless 'ratchets' ...a ratchet can't be geraless ? can it ? It's no longer a ratchet if the ratchet has been replaced with a clutch 🤔.

I'm overthiking this....

I think they should be okay for very low torque applications but in all honesty people will end up abusing these tools on stuff and damaging fasteners (and tools!) as a result.

Note the 12-point chrome sockets in the video :D

In fairness to the guy, he makes no attempt to use the hammer function (!) as someone suggested but actually seems to have (quite sensibly) used the torque limiting function on the screwdriver function ;)

I wouldn’t go near them myself though! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom