Improptu GTG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richard W

Car
BMWs :-)
Kinky & I are meeting this Thursday evening at a pub on the A30 in Sunningdale.

It's a bit of a belated 'wetting the babies head', things have been a touch busy lately and now they're away for 2 weeks!

If anyone lives near enough to drop in it'd be good to put some faces to the names.

The pub is the Exchequers - on the left (driving away from London) just before the level crossing. Watch for the speed cameras - both sides of the road. Car park round the back, entrance next to Majestic.

Streetmap link

Greg if you'd still like to see the ML drop me a PM and we could meet before at mine.

R

Edit: sorry wrong section - meant to put it in events

Erm .... I'll be there of course (enough to put everyone off I'd say).

Yep, I will try and be there, will have to drive up from Fareham, so depending on the traffic, will mean how early I get there, hope to see you there.
Chris

Any idea what time you guys will be there?

Richard and I are meeting just by the pub at 8:00pm.

Kinky Hardcore
smokin.gif

Excellent!

See you there guys!

K - I might be a little late(5/10 mins?), have to drop something off in Woodham after work so suggest I meet you in there.

R

Yeah - no worries.

I'll be the drunken Irishman, drinking Guinness (naturally) in the corner!

K

Yeah - no worries.

I'll be the drunken Irishman, drinking Guinness (naturally) in the corner!

Plus I won't miss the end of Eastenders :eek:

K

I'll be the one in the light blue Microsoft t-shirt (with Guinness, Marlboro lights, kit kat, etc, etc ....)

Sorry guys that I didn't make it....long story, will catch up soon, hope you had a great time.
CK

Well ....

The South East Berkshire MB Club GTG (SEBMBCGTG) was a roaring success.

We both turned up [with apologies from Chris], and nattered non-stop on all our favourite topics - knitting, crocodile wrestling, chochet, baby sitting, naked skateboarding, mud wrestling, etc ...

Needless to say the SEBMBC chapter GTG will occur again very very soon.

Be afraid ... be very afraid ...

Mines a Guinness.

K

P.S. - Cheers Richard for a really cool night, and I'll take you up on that offer of the hardcore crochet weekend in Bournemouth.

I should be able to make the next SEBMBCGTG, I was just too busy this week unfortuantly!! Pleased you had a good session though! Any pics?? :)

Hey Maff - funny you should ask ....

no - we ain't got no pics ....

I've just spent ages pulling together some very witty images off the web of 'me and Rich' (taken on his 5-mil pixel megamobilefone).

But now that Mrs. Hardcore has just made me a coffee I've sobered up, and perhaps realise that it may not be funny.

However - I'm quite happy to share 1 pic with you all - it's one of me and the barmaid in our local where we met (the SEBMBCGTGHQ) in the back of her old SL.

K
o11_011.jpg

Thanks for the story K, as you can see things went well today and I've taken the plunge:D

Please tell me you'll still talk to me guys?

Yeah we like Beemer drivers, don't we???
behead.gif

How much though is the question?
newsaw.gif

Ahhh perhaps they aren't that bad,
laser.gif

CK500
jump.gif

I cannot blame anyone for choosing a BMW. Both mine were great.

Well done, hope you enjoy.

Cheers guys,

As it's a BMW does it mean I suddenly start driving like a tos%er?

The car is staright from the lease company, a little high mileage for a 2001 (51k) but it is a facelift model (150 bhp...) and has all the toys, cruise, 6 CD, PDC, all electrics, 16" alloys etc etc. My wife will be driving it most of the time so in 2 years it'll be normal mileage again.

It still smells like a new car, and doesn't look like the back seats have been used, £13995 - he wouldn't move on the price it books at £17k

So with the chip it'll be 185bhp-ish and 340Nm so I figure it will be quick enough:devil:

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom