In the dog house

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
Once in a while on a Thursday I am allowed to go to the pub in a village a few miles aware where we used to live and our daughter now goes to school.

Normally I drive, but on occasions I negotiate a lift, where a mate will pick me up to go to the pub, and my partner will pick me up from the pub.

Tonight I had a call in the pub. Did I have the Mercedes key in my pocket:doh:. Yes. Unfortunately to save my partner having to do the journey 3 times, and as I knew she was going out to pick me up, I had parked in front of my car. Queue a few problems getting home!

After negotiating a lift home, I appear to be in the dog house, but not sure why?:dk:

maybe you left a light on before you went out, and she's concerned for the environment? can't think of anything else..

She was looking forward to a dynamic drive in the Saab and your parking arrangement scuppered that?

judging by the less than lucid post, you've come home roaring drunk demanding food and favour, after blocking her car in with the merc and the key in your pocket :D

Ade

judging by the less than lucid post, you've come home roaring drunk demanding food and favour, after blocking her car in with the merc and the key in your pocket :D

Ade

Well I did have to stay in the pub for an extra 30 minutes.....

Sounds like a nice bit of cold shoulder for you tonight.

i think maybe the "once in a while" has been overdone to perhaps "once too many"?

i think maybe the "once in a while" has been overdone...
I think I go out on my own less than SWMBO does - yet she seems put out that that I'm out this Friday and Saturday (University 25 year reunion) and at Olly's in the day on Saturday. :confused: Could be worse there is a pub lunch on Sunday as well. :devil: (but then I'd miss the GP - that's a point has Olly got a TV for qualifying - or do we have to cram into a TV equiped Merc)

To clarify. I had picked up my daughter from school to save my partner a drive to the village. Thinking that she would be going out to pick me up again later I had parked at the front of the drive, blocking the Saab in. Hence I was being helpful, until I kept the car key in my pocket.

Clearly I had a bit more than I thought!

How many years have you been married? The answer is irrelevant..

It doesn't matter how long (or short) you should know, you will always have done something wrong!

"Once in a while on a Thursday I am allowed to go to the pub"

i think it was all over when you said that.

Don't you have a spare key somewhere in the house ?

To be fair - I am permitted to go every week - once in a while she will pick me up...

No spare key, and as the car has become a project it seems it will be a while before it gets one.

There were some side benefits. Mainly an extra half hour while I sorted out a ride home....

It was a very peaceful evening when I got home...:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom